Ziady - 'Monte's our coach'

Discussion in 'Delaware Blue Hens' started by State Line Liquors, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Scott

Scott New Member

I know this kind of gets circular but the past two years they have had 18 and 19 wins with a bonehead coach. What could they do with a solid coach? I think a lot better.
  2. Tubby Raymond

Tubby Raymond New Member

OMG, they are not going to fire this guy are they?
  3. Mottman

Mottman New Member

It is kinda scary that we fired one of the more successful coaches in football (admittedly he needed to go) and we are holding onto someone who has accomplished nothing. That leaves me little faith in the new AD and it does leave a lot of ?s as to the football firing/hiring.
  4. DarthDave

DarthDave Active Member

I think firing the FB coach and ensuing buyout plus your hoops coach winning 19 games, 13 league games plus he returns a POY candidate and has 2 years on his contract has something to do with him returning. Not that I agree with this.

What I would like to hear is some sort of expectation from Ziady for next season regarding the men's program.
  5. State Line Liquors

State Line Liquors New Member

The whole thing is in a word, pathetic. Fresh blood is so necessary to reinvigorate the basketball fan base. Without a change, I really don't see how they can expect anyone to buy in and open their wallets for UDMBB. Even if we are recruiting better, which I think is a questionable line of thinking to begin with, it's still not good enough talent to overcome the shortcomings of the head coach. Monte is a walking brain fart.