UT Player Transfers to UNCW

Discussion in 'UNCW Seahawks' started by gpka, May 17, 2013.

1. jakes

jakes New Member

2. ClevelandHawk

ClevelandHawk New Member

Greeeeeaaaaat.

Right when it appeared we were making good moves. We bring in a questionable one.

I'm not going to pass too much judgment this early. I do hope these allegations turn out to be false, for all involved and for our university's sake. Is that selfish?
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  3. 82hawk

82hawk Active Member

Reading the UT message boards, Yemi brings a lot of energy on defense, but can't make a two footer on offense. Not sure we need another big man who can't score.

I'll say this. We certainly have our share of transfers now. Buzz must be feeling the heat to get back on track fast. I guess the good news is we've added players who are older and more physically capable of competing in the CAA. The bad news is we have no idea if any of them have game.
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  4. cshoff21

cshoff21 Member

I like the move. I hope he can transition into our style of play. (This sentence started genuine and turned sarcastic)

I like the video I saw of him. He looks athletic.

Also you guys made a mistake in the title. This guy went to Tennessee in Knoxville. Not UT. Maybe ut. But not UT.
  5. cshoff21

cshoff21 Member

6. Seahawk4Him

Seahawk4Him Member

Not selfish at all Cleveland.

The govolsxtra.com article reads, "

A follow-up case report from UTPD obtained by the News Sentinel on Monday states the complainant was informed on Feb. 20 that “based on the evidence at hand” the Knox County assistant district attorney general was “not going to pursue the matter further.”

No formal charges were ever filed against Makanjuola.
    The final order of protection is a binding agreement between the two parties involved. It states that the court makes no finding of fact and there have been no hearings or testimony."

I wonder if this could be a spin off of the Duke lacrosse team fiasco of a few years back. Funny the Knox County Assistant District Attorney General saw no need to pursue any further. I personally don't see much of a problem other than maybe the other party went too far and then chickened out. I guess we'll never know for sure. I do know the DA's hate to drop any potential case if there's even a remote chance they can make a name for themselves.

I'm personally not getting too worked up about this.
  7. walter_williams

walter_williams Active Member