Tribe Interested in David Cohn

Discussion in 'William & Mary Tribe' started by mrjoolius, Apr 10, 2014.

1. 62Indian

62Indian New Member

David Cohn has some rather mixed reviews from Colorado State. As a pure Freshman, he started out the season like a house on fire and was regarded as the "hope for the future". However, after seven or eight games he lost his position as a starter and gradually, his number of minutes played declined to almost none. In addition, the Coach recruited a number of JUCO transfer Guards for next years team which would have further limited his playing time in the future. David apparently earned his demotion because the Head Coach is very "Defense" oriented and David was having a very tough time with that part of his game - I hope that David knows what he is getting into with the Tribe - and that Tribe fully understands what they are getting in David Cohn.
  2. mrjoolius

mrjoolius Active Member

All those points are true. I think the major reason is the head coach that recruited him left and took another job. The new coach probably had his own ideas on the direction of the team and the guys he wanted to do it. Coaching and confidence can make all the difference in the world.
  3. Big Tribe

Big Tribe New Member

Not playing defense well as a freshman is pretty routine...so who's surprised? Very few do.

He'll have an entire year sitting out as a transfer to learn Tony's defense. But there's little doubt he's an athletic scoring threat who can hit the three pointer and has the speed and athleticism to penetrate.

There's good reason schools like Colorado State, St.Louis, Bradley, Dayton, et al offered him scholarships.

I'm sure most of us are very positive about this outstanding recruiting class of five Shaver and staff are bringing in to Kaplan Arena.
  4. mw8632

mw8632 New Member

In this offense, I think we're mixing guards and forwards. I think we'll see Tarpey, Malinowski, and Dixon play both the two and three and Prewitt playing the 3 and maybe 4.

My guess is that Tony is finally getting the size and athleticism at the 2 and 3 slots and will start playing more up tempo on both the defensive side and transition.

I also think that you had a very heady post man in Rusthoven who played the high post and pick and roll better than most in college. I would not be shocked to see a different type of offense next year that is still based on the principles that he's used all along.

5. nj alum

nj alum New Member

I agree. I think is happening as well. I think he's trying to get into position to run what he ran at H-S.
  6. mrjoolius

mrjoolius Active Member

7. 62Indian

62Indian New Member

I wonder what took them so long to get out the official press release about David Cohen?
  8. mrjoolius

mrjoolius Active Member

Official announcements are often a bit slower than the Internet. Also, they probably wouldn't make an announcement until the end of the previous semester or until he is officially enrolled.