Transfers

Discussion in 'Drexel Dragons' started by Dragon for life, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Dragon for life

Dragon for life Active Member

2. DrachenFire

DrachenFire Well-Known Member

If you want to keep track, here are two links (don't know if they are both the same, probably close):
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ry-transfer-2014-offseason-college-basketball
    http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2014

We have reached out to a player:
    However, hearing of his (or his father's) desires:
    http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2014/04/maurice-watson-transferring-from-boston-u/

would seem to indicate that he would have no interest playing here, and I'm not sure I would want to deal with the potential "baggage".
  3. DrachenFire

4. Dragon for life

That's a shame he seemed like a great lockeroom guy.
  5. Dragon for life

I wonder if this was a mutual agreement. Drexel wanted to open up a scholarship position and according to a few sources Lane wasn't going to play much this year anway. I am sure Lane wanted more playing time. So win win?
  6. Dragon for life

7. DarthDave

DarthDave Active Member

per Alex Kline, Ahmad Fields, transfer Utah is visiting Drexel. Would be a real solid pickup.
  8. Dragon for life

Why? His stats don't look that good. Apparently he is getting high praises tho.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  9. DrachenFire

I believe it was down to us and Utah last year. Ashame he would have to sit out the year, but think he would still have three years remaining. Seems he would be a solid addition.
  10. DrachenFire

Fields is a Dragon! Eligible for the 15-16 season.
  11. Dragon for life

He will be out this season.. does this affect our available scholarships for this year?
  12. BlueHenPat

BlueHenPat Member

Fields does count as a scholly during the year he will sit out. Nice pick up.
  13. Dragon for life

Guess who is coming to Philly this week...

Mike Kirkland (6'7-Power Forward) of Eastern Florida State will be visiting Drexel next week - See more at: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/mike-kirkland#sthash.QE32E8b8.dpuf

Someone doesn't fly to Philly from East Florida just to say hey. This would be a solid pick up! Williams and Kirkland could be a high energy combo. Will Bah and Myles backing them up.'

Last thought: I think he will sign with us however, if he picks Wagner over us I am done talking about our Dragons till the fall.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  14. MetSox

MetSox Active Member

Dont get me wrong, we need a warm body who can play forward at this point, but color me less than excited to be getting a JUCO kid that we're fighting with Wagner for. No disrespect intended to Bash, but NEC schools and CAA schools should, hypothetically at least, be recruiting at different levels.
  15. Dragon for life

I was researching the guy and when he was first being recruited he was labeled a SF apparently he bulked up and is now a Forward.
  16. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

bulked up to 6'7 215?

A 2 star recruit that averaged 10 points & 7 rebounds/game for Eastern Florida State College…. with studs like that on the roster, next year is sure to be the year Bruiser wins his first conference title EVER….

In other news, I have a bridge that I am selling… it's real cheap.. anybody interested?
  17. DrachenFire

They do when they also have offers from LIU-Brooklyn, Niagara and Fairfield. He chose Fairfield, which is fine. His video over on verbal didn't really wow me. At this point, I think I'd like to see a guard and big come in as graduate transfers.
  18. DarthDave

DarthDave Active Member

Malik Thomas, BU transfer was in town for a Drexel visit according to Alex Kline
  19. Dragon for life

He wouldn't be able to play right away either.
  20. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

I believe Malik Thomas will graduate from BU and would be eligible immediately. He didn't exactly put up huge numbers at BU, but maybe he can be the next Zeke Upshaw.
  21. Dragon for life

He has to be a better option than Freddy. I rather the freshmen and or someone new to have Freddy's would be minutes. So would he be a rent a player for a year?
  22. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

Thomas is a forward so he really doesn't have anything to do with Freddie's playing time. Thomas would be here for just a year, which may not be ideal, but at this point I don't think we have the option of being to choosy. At this point, we have Williams, Bah, and Myles on the inside and that's it, so we need someone who can give some minutes right away. You are not necessarily going to get that with a freshman.

With regards to Freddie, like him or not, he going to be playing a role next year. At this point he is the only guy with any experience on the bench. I imagine they are still trying to bring in a point guard, but at this point I assume he would be the backup to Canady. He showed he has potential in the UNCW game, hopefully we will see more of that (although judging the the remainder of his body of work, that may be dreaming.) Perhaps the freshman guards can come in and contribute in a big way immediately, but I'm not sure we can count on that. Maybe Canady and Allen can learn to play defense without fouling and Lee can learn to keep his elbows to himself and they can all just play 40 minutes per game, so we don't need to worry about a bench.
  23. DarthDave

DarthDave Active Member

Campbell transfer Darius Leonard 6'9 225 down to VTech , Miami , Wake and Drexel. Eligible this year.
  24. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

"One of these things is not like the others...."
  25. DrachenFire

We already beat out Marquette and Ga Tech for him, so we've got that going for us. After the David Pellom affair last year, I'm just assuming he isn't coming until there is news otherwise.
  26. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

Bruiser. Philly. 19 years and still no dance
    vs.
    Larranaga. Miami. Sweet 16 a year ago.

I would question this kids sanity if he chooses us... Lol
  27. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

Don't forget this is a kid 10 ppg and 5 rpg in the Big South - he's not exactly Lebron James. From his list of schools and being from Raleigh, NC, I'm sure his dream is to play in the ACC; but perhaps as a guy with a year left to play he is also weighing the amount of playing time he will get. I would think the Drexel staff are feeding him stories of Zeke Upshaw and Davon Usher. The decision is more if he wants to be a starter playing lots of minutes in a lesser league like the CAA or being a role player off the bench in one of the best leagues in the ACC. I believe I read somewhere that he want to be a pro overseas; Dartaye did it at Drexel, I'm sure this guy could as well.
  28. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

Extremely valid and well argued point.
  29. DrachenFire

30. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

shocker…

Maybe we can land Anthony Mason's kid.. i saw he is transferring out of Niagra and wants to play out his last year of eligibility for a winner.. oh, yea… nevermind…

on to the next one.