Towson

Discussion in 'Delaware Blue Hens' started by Billy Madison, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Billy Madison

Billy Madison New Member

When was the last time we lost a season series with Towson? Has it ever happened? For this team to have any positive energy, they NEED to win this game. Hopefully, we play with the same defensive internsity that we did vs. VCU.

I really think we win this game, and win it nicely.

UD 81
    TU 72
  2. Henweigh

Henweigh New Member

I have a good feeling about this game too. GO HENS!
  3. hoopster

hoopster New Member

We FINALLY win a road game. Hens beat up on the Tigers 76-61. Considering how bad the defense has been this year, their last 4 games on D have been great.
  4. 118cc5

118cc5 New Member

You guys look tough right now. I hope my Patriots can hang with you guys on Thursday night.
  5. PhilthyHen

PhilthyHen New Member

sandbagger :wink: :lol:
  6. 118cc5

118cc5 New Member

Well, I do know the Lady Hens beat the snot out of the Lady Patriots last night. The Bob has been a tough place for us the last couple of years in both Men's and Women's hoops. .
  7. MotherHen

MotherHen New Member

Great game today. Delaware was in command the whole game until the last few minutes of the first half when Towson was able to come back to within 1. DH obviously said something to these guys - and they didn't want to lose. These kids were being coached today - and they all seem to respond to DH.
  8. Henweigh

Henweigh New Member

If they can keep up working hard on the defensive end they'll have a shot at being in every game here on out. Touche' to ALL the players today on a job well done. Keep it up fellas!
  9. DarthDave

DarthDave Active Member

5 of 8 at home with UNCW being the only away game I cant see us having a "real" shot. Nice to see the team play a complete game.....

Now bring on the negative nillies :roll:
  10. Wolfhen

Wolfhen New Member

All I have to say is, George Mason next..... Maybe they can bench T. Skinn and spot us 15 too... :lol:
  11. Observer

Observer New Member

It's sounds like the team might have steadied themselves. If they have re-learned how to win, there's a chance that come tournament time, the Hens will be the team that nobody wants to play in Richmond.
    Frankly, I'm just hoping that the players can have some good feelings about themselves when this season is over.
    Good luck the rest of the way, guys!
  12. KenHen

KenHen New Member

Yes, it is nice to see some positive things happening with the team. Is it just me or does anyone else see Herb Courtney becoming a David Lunn type player. He is starting to play some tough defense on some of the better players in the league. I am sure that the knee injury has limited him in his type of game and now it appears he is adapting and changing his style. And it looks like Zaire Taylor in the words of a former coach and close friend of mine is starting to "get it" as far as play goes at a college level. Let's get a few more wins under our belt and have some fun the rest of the way. Let the off season take care of itself, just concentrate on basketball for the next month and a half.
  13. UD07

UD07 New Member

I've always liked Herb, and I really think he can play. But, I don't think you can compare him to David Lunn. Lunn is a more athletic player and overall has more potential. His game has changed considerably since he was last seen playing for UD. He's getting looks from the NBA developmental league right now, as well as some good overseas leagues. You will see him playing at a high level of pro basketball in the next couple years, whereas I don't know if Herb has that sort of ability.
    davidlunn likes this.
  14. GannonFan

GannonFan New Member

It would be nice if this game, coming on the heels of a good outing against VCU, is a sign of things to come. I wouldn't mind having a competitive basketball team for a few games - it's been awhile so I'll take that. Obviously trying to win 4 games in 4 days come tournament time is not exactly a good proposition, it would be nice to see a win or two in the tourney rather than leaving Richmond Friday night with no wins. But keep in mind, this was only Towson. Despite Gary Neal Towson is still a lesser team in this conference, and for some reason we play rather well versus Neal. But hey, a win is a win.
  15. DEdave

DEdave New Member

UD07 - Your source for that information on Lunn?

Nice win by our Hens. Defense can always lead the way. I'm hoping the guys are finally understanding that defense can win many a game for you down the road. Congrats!
  16. Mottman

Mottman New Member

I'm really hoping we are one and done in Richmond. Anything to secure a coaching change.
  17. gonzo

gonzo New Member

how about we get hot in richmond Nana plays his ass off and we win the CAA title. Nana gets drafted in the NBA because he averages 30 and 15 for the tourney and scores 40 points and 20 boards against Duke in the NCAA tourney and UD still loses on a blown in bound play.
  18. Observer

Observer New Member

Hopefully, funding for the indoor band practice facility will fall, "short".
  19. UD07

UD07 New Member

DEdave- I talk to him twice a week
    davidlunn likes this.
  20. BaNgMyPrOgRaM

BaNgMyPrOgRaM New Member

Whatever your team is this year...the are no pushover.
  21. davidlunn

davidlunn New Member

Thanks for the love bro.