SUCKS!

Discussion in 'Drexel Dragons' started by apiri, Nov 21, 2006.

1. J.B.

J.B. Active Member

Some things I picked up from the boxscore. Drexel had only 8 turnovers. They only had 3 when they beat Towson last week.

Freddie Wilson played just 8 minutes. London played all 40. If Freddie Wilson spent as much time working out in the gym as he does in the tattoo parlor, he would have a chance to be a pretty good player.
  2. MedicSBK

MedicSBK Member

We got a little help from Delaware. Not calling timeout with 13 seconds to go down three made zero sense to me. You don't leave timeouts on the board like that.

Also, Anderson's last second three from the corner obviously would not have tied it but it was close... and a questionable foul from Allen.

Myles look GREAT. I could not figure out how he started the second half on the bench but he made his way into the game pretty quickly thanks to Bah's 4th foul and really contributed. He was by far the best Dragon on the floor... Besides Damion Lee. I feel that the condition on that statement should be made every time but hey, it can always be restated, right?

Allen shot better than I have seen him shoot all year. Despite a few questionable defensive plays, he looked pretty solid. Wilson was his usual which is why I found the personnel decision in the last minute a bit curious.

When Bruiser called timeout on that last inbound, I was almost positive we had been called for 5 seconds. Wilson was standing there on the baseline for what felt like an eternity. I can't figure out why the decision was made at that point to go to him over Mojica who is quicker and a better free throw shooter. Putting his poorly timed pass to Adam Hermann aside, Mojica looked pretty good.
  3. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

Mojica is a terrible free throw shooter. He hasn't shot a ton but I believe his 2-2 today pulls him up to 33% (6-18) for the year. Freddie is not good by any means at around 60%, but in a situation where they were going to foul I think it was the right move to have him out there rather than Sammy.

It is always dangerous to read too much into +- numbers for a single game, but I think they show the impact Myles had today. He was +15 in his 26 minutes today compared to Bah -14 in 16 minutes and Williams -7 in 8 minutes. As a proof you shouldn't read too much into these numbers though - Freddie was +11 in his 8 minutes today.
  4. MetSox

MetSox Active Member

Freddie didn't play a full minute in the second half. To throw someone cold out there, who you know and have said publicly isn't the best decision maker, to inbound the ball and then get it back and go to the line... that's batshit crazy town. Just no idea what the thought process could have been there. Almost resulted in a turnover that could have cost them the game. Ugh.
  5. MetSox

MetSox Active Member

here we go
  6. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

7. dan10

dan10 Active Member

bump and its really true this year
  8. DrachenFire

DrachenFire Well-Known Member

SUCKS (but only slightly more than we do this year)
  9. MetSox

MetSox Active Member

10. Dragon for life

Dragon for life Active Member

Tough game to watch... sigh* Is this year over with yet?
  11. DrachenFire

DrachenFire Well-Known Member