Softball 2014

Discussion in 'Hofstra Pride' started by ProudofPride, Feb 21, 2014.

1. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

4 teams from NY is the tournament this year... Us, Fordham, Iona, and Albany.
  2. EvanJ

EvanJ Active Member

I'm happy I just checked the bracket because based on what I read here after the loss to Towson I wasn't expecting an at-large bid. When was the time before this that Hofstra got an at-large NCAA Tournament bid in any sport? Include only top level tournaments, so the 2010-2011 CBI game against Evansville doesn't count.
  3. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

Our first year in the CAA, CAA softball didnt have an AQ. Hofstra received an at large that year.
  4. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

Evan going into the CAA tourney Hofstra had an RPI of #37. We lost to top 25 JMU on the road but beat C of C top 50 on a neutral field. That actually hepped us. the loss to Towson didnt hurt us enough to be eliminated. We come in as the #3 seed in our bracket at the regional in Norman Oklahoma.
  5. tedhofstra

tedhofstra Member

Hofstra men's lacrosse got at-large bids from 2009-2011.
  6. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

New RPI was released today, Hofstra moved up one spot to 33. JMU is at 23.
    As far as our regional, Oklahoma is 8, Texas A&M is 22, and Bryant is 102.
  7. Polito1

Polito1 New Member

hey hey FIRED UP that's GREAT stuff!! Congrats ladies, now go get em!

Stu, you're a trip - you've got mouthfuls to say anytime SBU sneezes the right way, but when REALITY hits cat suddenly has your tongue !! haha, ah, stu stu stu...what are we gonna do with you

when you go to norman, you gonna rock the seawolves gear you most certainly have? make sure to spread the word to the west that SBU will soon be big time in all sports and known around the world

and then tell them oh yeah by the way i'm just here undercover as a part-time hofstra fan... just when sbu is out of it (which is often) LOL ; D
  8. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

Now Polito dont get me to calling you a tool but No one has followed Hofstra softball and been to more games than I have. BTW- How many lax games, softball, baseball games have you been to. I bet it is probably less than a handful. I root for all local schools but none harder than Hofstra. I want them to do well because when we beat them it will be better for our RPI in all sports. Afterall I was the one who said we would get in as an at large. BTW- if you are such a great hofstra softball team fan how come you didnt know we got an at large our first year. Only a true fan would know that. that being said we have a good chance to get to the regional finals. To prove to me you are a real fan answer this question Who is coming to Hofstra next year to play softball. her older sister played for us a few years ago.
  9. summertyme

summertyme New Member

Why do I always have to blow up Stu???? I really wonder where you get your info.
    Softball did not get an at-large the first year in the CAA. They received an at-large in 2003 to Nebraska, which is the second year in the CAA. Stu, you should get a media guide and brush up on your facts.

Also, could that former player be a former CAA POY in 2011????? Less than 8 years ago?
  10. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

Off by one year. I know that when the CAA didnt have an automatic we got the at large. Riight but I am waiting for Polito to come up with that answer. Polito I will give you a hint first name is Nikki.
  11. HofstraHockey

HofstraHockey Active Member

I obviously know the answer, but hints for the others- she was in fact a CAA PoY, a third baseman and a pitcher for a little bit.
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  12. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

13. Polito1

Polito1 New Member

oh stuey...lol you really are too much!!

spewing out your own version of the 'facts' as usual, and like clockwork getting corrected LOL : D

look, never said I'm a 'bigger fan' or know more than you, I said I'M ALL HU baby, and you apparently are for whatever team is in the region - like people who root for the Yanks and Mets - give me a break with that baloney - be true, be strong and PICK YOUR TEAM dude

I don't know the answer to the softball question, as you've mentioned, I'm not a hardcore softball fan - what I AM is a TRUE BLUE HOFSTRA FAN - there's no gray, there's no confusion, there's no rooting for whatever team in ny is winning - that's bullcrap

GO HU baby, all the way!!!
  14. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

Polito never said you werent a fan and you of all people should know where my alliance is. I have been following Hofstra since the mid 1990s. I gave my reason why I want the other local schools to do well. It is better for Hofstra for there to be a 'buzz'. If st johns has a good team and we beat them better for us. same for SBu or Iona, LIu or even st francis. If they stink and we lose to them it hurts us more.
  15. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

Back to softball. I like our chances so long as we play our A game. Oklahoma is hurting as Kady Self is out for the season and Lauren Chamberlin ( a HR machine) hurt her knee this past weekend. They still have a potent lineup 61 HRs so Lashley and Pirone need to hit their spots and keep the ball down. The good news is that they also gave up 61 dingers. On another note HU and Oklahoma lead the nation in the least amount of stolen bases allowed with 8 each.
  16. Polito1

Polito1 New Member

Stu, my friend, I KNOW you are an HU fan bud : D but you are clearly not ONLY an HU fan - hey, that's your choice, and you and I will simply disagree on that

HOWEVER, spare me the nonsense about wanting all local teams to do well because it will somehow help HU - that's a load of crap - that's not why you post incessantly about SBU

do I want to see locals do bad? no, of course not - but there are plenty of schools in the region and nation for HU to play, so I'm really not too concerned with the other programs

As for your SBU postings, I don't see post after post from you on anyone other than SBU - it's become too much now - you need to slow your roll, or simply go to an SBU board - you are very close to 'flaming' and to my knowledge on most respectable fan forums that is 'frowned upon', if not even against guidelines

and this isn't about not liking posts don't read them - this is beyond that now - at the very least, it's not something respectable fans do on boards, so give it a rest

if you're all about HU, then quite trying to 'convince' the rest of us by spitting out your version of the stats - just BE about HU around here - we don't need your SBU insight...we really don't. no one gives a rip about it

So again, *** G O H O F S T R A ! ! ! ***
  17. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

18. HU Alum 02

HU Alum 02 New Member

I agree with every word of this. it is flaming and not an isolated incident, it's a running theme. moderators should be on top of this by this point, but just in case IM going to start reporting these. enoughis enough, this is not why people come to this board to read. it's garbage.
  19. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

For what it's worth, Hofstra had the most players from the CAA honored by the NFCA, 8 total. JMU only had 5, and the player of the year was named to the second team, not first team. On the first team, we had: Taylor Pirone, Maggie Hawkins, Chloe Fitzgerald, and Rachael Senatore. Second team: Morgan Lashley, Erin Trippi, and Kim Smith. Becca Bigler made 3rd team.
    https://nfca.org/index.php/awards/l...PSID=43050&SPID=3449&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=8500
  20. EvanJ

EvanJ Active Member

Based on what I read here I would have expected Hofstra's RPI to be worse, but 37th is still worse than the snubbed 2005-2006 Men's Basketball team's RPI.
    I should pay attention to today's game because the Yankees are rained out.
  21. EvanJ

EvanJ Active Member

The first three Hofstra players got hits and Hofstra leads 1-0.
  22. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

Defense should not be this much of a problem at this point in the season.
  23. DutchAlum01

DutchAlum01 Member

Defense is looking HORRIBLE. Definitely nerves...
  24. DutchAlum01

DutchAlum01 Member

Nice turn around by the pride - but unfortunately trail 7-6 top of 7th
  25. EvanJ

EvanJ Active Member

Hofstra lost 7-6.
  26. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

If you score 6 runs you should win. Pitching has got to tighten up along with our D.
  27. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

Parts of the game were pretty painful to watch (first inning), but you have to give Hofstra credit for bouncing back from a deficit, and having the lead a couple times after that. Finally we did not commit an error in a game, while Texas A&M had 3. Previously, Hofstra was undefeated 22-0 when scoring 6 or more runs in a game. I'm at least glad we showed that we can still be competitive on the national scene without Olivia Galati. We play the loser of the Oklahoma/Bryant game in the second game tomorrow.
  28. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

while we didnt commit an error we were sloppy in the field in the first when they scored three runs. Rocha late getting to first on a slap hit to pitcher. Bottom line was when we had the lead, we could not hold it.
  29. EvanJ

EvanJ Active Member

Oklahoma beat Bryant 14-4. Hofstra will play Bryant today at 4:30 P.M. at the same time as two other games I'm interested in, the Yankees and Red Bulls (soccer).
  30. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

Already off to a bad start against Bryant. Lashley walks the lead off batter, then the second batter hits a 2 run home run.