Season Ticket Question for the Board

Discussion in 'Hofstra Pride' started by Polito, May 20, 2014.

1. Polito1

Polito1 New Member

So with the excitement of all things HU mens basketball, I'm curious to a few things:

1) Who on here is already a season ticket holder?

2) Who is looking at becoming one due to the new life injected into the program??

3) Who would become one if JL signs on???

as you can tell i'm addicted to all this right now, lol, so i'm really curious to see how the recent excitement might impact ticket sales, especially season ticket holder numbers...

so, where stand ye?
  2. HofstraHockey

HofstraHockey Active Member

Season tickets have never been my thing- I just end up missing too much (that goes for everything, not just Hofstra). But I will definitely be getting some single games this year.
  3. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

You could join the pride club and get a discount on season tix or did what I did two seasons ago and go half with someone else. Like HH I missed too much. One season I had 4 tix and was only able to get to three games all year due to work. During the week I usually work till 8PM.
  4. bob13

bob13 New Member

Have been season ticket holder for many years and will continue to do so.I will curb my excitement (although several positives on recruiting front) until I taste the pudding so to speak.
  5. daHUPride

daHUPride Member

Season ticket holder here! We (I split the tickets with 2 others) have 4 tickets and that spreads out the problem of missing to many games for us.
  6. HUSID

HUSID Active Member

I've been a longtime season ticket holder (4) and I'm even hearing from friends who never really cared about Hofstra Basketball that they've heard we've had a good recruiting class and are talking about going to games this season.
    Don't want to get ahead of ourselves but this coming year could be something special...hoping we add JL, the final piece!!!!
    Should know sometime the end of this week!
  7. garyg

garyg New Member

I will definitely get to more games next season but season tickets can be an issue only because when I do go to games we [wife, kids] often go with friends and/or family members..we want to be able to sit together at games.

Very excited by what is happening with program and I think a lot of friends/family members will be more motivated to join us next season especially if we land JL
  8. Flying Dutchmen

Flying Dutchmen Active Member

111 Row E right here. I'll be back again this year, hopefully adding two more to the group.

The new life in the program is just an added bonus in my opinion, always wanted to support the program financially once I was out of college, making some cash. $400 for two season tix and access to the lounge is not asking much for potentially high quality college hoops. I hope more people start feeling the same way, because the Mack was a desolate place this year for many games.

Get on the bandwagon now, I think the program is starting to take off. I always felt we were the second or third best metro option for recruits, behind St. John's, and Seton Hall (I guess you have to count them as a city school as well), just based on facilities and academics alone. We finally have the HC and AD to make things happen.

Hathaway and Joe Mihalich bring a professional, yet not "stuck-up" vibe to the hoops program, I think that kind of professionalism is infectious, makes you want to be part of the program when they start winning. Mo was a good PR guy, but the program kind of felt like a joke after Jenkins left, under his command.

Handling the laptop incident the way it was last year showed that we will not sacrifice morals for winning, we swiftly cleaned house. Turns out this has seemed to accelerate our rise to the top of a now very open CAA, showing that good players don't want to play with knuckleheads, and we don't have to take huge recruiting risks to be successful. All of the players Mihalich brought in seem to be solid student athletes to this point, or I have not heard otherwise at least.

I also give a ton of credit to Nwaukoni, Kone, Allen, and Payen for sticking around this year. Three of them could have easily got out of this mess, but they competed their asses off all season. That's what really has gotten me excited for '14-'15, these guys played exceptionally well with somewhat limited skillsets, their effort keeping us in a lot of games. I can't wait to see what Mihalich can do with his recruits and a deep bench. Lawrence signing, and getting a waiver would be the icing on the cake.
  9. zman33

zman33 New Member

Have 5 (go with 3 friends and "coat chair") probably going to 7 - lst 2 rows - center court - opposite visitors bench. Have only missed 3 Home games since Jay Wright took over -
  10. cactus

cactus Member

already a season ticket holder
  11. Nova Dutch

Nova Dutch New Member

zman what are your thoughts for this coming season, especially if JL signs today and is granted a waiver?
  12. garyg

garyg New Member

JL is going to sign Nova Dutch...just hope it is sooner rather then later
  13. Nova Dutch

Nova Dutch New Member

Prayers do work indeed Gary LOL.
  14. zman33

zman33 New Member

Certainly looks dramatically improved on paper - plus now have a full roster of players on scholarship. Chemistry problems early on with so many "moving" parts ? Not fully enamored with JM's coaching style - didn't see much defensive acumen either in man, zone or press. Should be able to score - I'm from "Show Me State" - never got to see any of the transfers practice so...let's see how it all jells! Cautiously enthused!
  15. Flying Dutchmen

Flying Dutchmen Active Member

I fully agree that the defense was atrocious last season, statistically one of the worst in the NCAA. Hoping that was due to having no bench, we could not afford to pick up fouls, and our players looked gassed the last 5-10 minutes routinely.

Although, looking back at his record at Niagara, JM had a lot of bad defensive teams early in his tenure, trending upward as his career progressed, hopefully wisdom and a deep bench make us solid on both sides of the court this season.
  16. Polito1

Polito1 New Member

believe it will be MUCH improved this yr with new additions - Bernardi hard nose defender, Rokas an absolute stopper down low, Nichols even said to have good D game...

the other element is the O - scoring more helps alleviate some of that lol, and I fully expect this team to put points on the board