Recruiting thread

Discussion in 'Drexel Dragons' started by hustle, Mar 9, 2006.

1. hustle

hustle Active Member

Could we get a sticky for a recruting thread?
    Anyway scout.com has us listed as offering a ship to Tyrone hanson, I am not sure how recent this is but I did not know about it.

Tyrone Hanson
  2. DrexPhanatic

DrexPhanatic Active Member

Yeah the offer to Hanson has to be pretty recent. Wasn't listed there last week. I think we have as good a chance as any of the other teams in the running [George Mason, Nevada, Providence, Rhode Island, and the Bonnies] to land this kid. Providence stinks and the 2 A10 teams are averarge to below average.

At this point I'm willing to overlook his academics just to get some good talent in here. :wink:
  3. DUfunnyman

DUfunnyman Active Member

He's a 3 star right? I hope that's in the scoring column, b/c we sure need that.
  4. hustle

hustle Active Member

There is an article linked to him on scout.com that says 11Trifectas, its just too bad I dont subscribe otherwise I could read it.
  5. hustle

hustle Active Member

Lance Feurtado and Uniondale will be playing Copiague in the LI class AA final on saturday march 11.
  6. hustle

hustle Active Member

I added Important Recruiting Dates to the spreadsheet, plus I have some recently updated Articles on our new offer Tyrone Hanson, on my site check it out.

Recruiting Dates
  7. hustle

hustle Active Member

From PhillyBurbs.com: "Lewis received his first full-ride offer from Central Connecticut State. Drexel and Duquesne soon followed. Most recently, Rider and Niagara have jumped on Lewis' bandwagon, while mild interest has come from Texas Tech and Ohio State."

Tyrone Lewis

He should fit in at Drexel nicely. Tigers, coach cry foul
  8. Fan of the Year

Fan of the Year New Member

I wish I would've caught this before his team was eliminated from the playoffs. I should've pointed out Allen Rubin (the local hoopscoop guy). He was at one of the games, I think either Northeastern or Vermont. He was actually sitting with what looked like a HS kid. Perhaps it was Lewis. I'm going to work in the offseason in trying to find out more about our involvement with recruits. Unfortuneatly a lot of the info about the mid majors from hoopscoop, scout and rivals is outdated. If I do find out more I won't post it on here, but will keep it private and inform those who are interested.

I would've loved to have signed Geriot. When I talked to one of the coaches last spring they told me that we really liked him, but were concerned because he was getting some interest from Notre Dame. I'm glad to see him going to Richmond, not sure he's good enough to play at the Big East level. I think he made the right choice in terms of understanding his abilities. Plus as a 6-8 guy who can shoot threes will fit right into their Princeton style offense.
  9. DrexPhanatic

10. hustle

hustle Active Member

Dam you guys are putting me to work today. I will add him with the other recruits, I will set up an 07 section once recruiting for this year is over.
  11. hustle

hustle Active Member

12. RGS

RGS Member

13. Fan of the Year

I don't know if you want to go by information on other message boards, but pasportswire.com has some people saying we were looking at Garrett Williamson from Lower Merion. They are playing in the state finals tomorrow night at 8 on PCN and he's playing in Donofrio as well. Apparently he is rather young and going to prep school next year. I did see him play back in early December. He was a pretty nice player. I think he played inside a bit though but really wasn't that big. Looked like he needed to grow some (think he was quite skinny) or develop a bit more on the perimeter if I remember correctly.
  14. hustle

hustle Active Member

Rivals and a couple of articles have us linked to Lance James. He looks like a pretty decent PG.
  15. DrexPhanatic

Apparently Tyrone Hanson is set to make an official visit somewhere. I don't have a Scout subscription.

I wonder if its George Mason...?
  16. hustle

hustle Active Member

I think Mason just got their final commitment from a JUCO guard but I might be wrong.
  17. Fan of the Year

He is going to visit Nevada.

18. Fan of the Year

Lance was named to the NYhoops.com 1st team all Long Island.

Lance
  19. Fan of the Year

If you want to listen to pasportswire message board rumors we are interested in Malcolm Eleby of Franklin Learning Center for 2007. He was first team all Public League.
  20. Fan of the Year

Nick Murphy

I'm not sure if you can read this, but apparently Nick Murphy had a good game against Corey Fisher's team at the Playaz Spring Fling. It says he might go to prep school. I'm pretty sure you had to claim you were going to prep school to play in this tournament if you were a senior. Of course I guess they can't do anything about it if you sign somewhere afterwards.

St. Pat's

St. Pat's was named team of the year in NJ. A little mention of Yannick.

21. hustle

hustle Active Member

Tyrone Lewis has narrowed his college search down to 3 and we are no longer one of his options.

Story
  22. Fan of the Year

Would've been a solid pickup, let's just hope we sign that other guy soon.
  23. hustle

hustle Active Member

Hopefully we will hear of his arrival to the Drexel Camp very soon.
  24. MetSox

MetSox Active Member

Thats a fine play on words there Hustle :D Hope we can close the deal and break Camp.
  25. RGS

RGS Member

26. Fan of the Year

A couple of 2007 prospects to add are Doug Davis of Prep Charter and Bradley Wannamaker of Roman Catholic. Found them on PA Prep Report. Davis is only 5-9, but had 25 points in the state title game. He plays with Rodney Green (La Salle), Markieff Morris, Marcus Morris and Josh Martin who are all mid to high major players. I'd love if we could land anyone of those kids. Wannaker is 6-5 or so and pretty strong. He looks to be getting more high level interest. Not sure if the fact that he played with Bobby Jordan would help at all. He also has a twin brother on the Roman team.
  27. hustle

hustle Active Member

Double post sorry.
  28. hustle

hustle Active Member

I dont know if any of you caught this but metsox mentioned on the general board that we are looking at Kyle Camper, he is a Juco soph. who can shoot the ball well and also gets alot of assists. We apparently are very high on him and hopefully if we get him he can step right in and give us another shooter that we desperately need. We are apparently in competition with Bobby Knight for this kid.

Recruiting
  29. XDreX

XDreX New Member

30. RGS

RGS Member

They are both sh... oh, never mind. Poor kid. I didn't realize it when I typed it. He is a heckle just waiting to happen.