OT - Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Hofstra Pride' started by Jojogunne, Mar 22, 2014.

1. bob13

bob13 New Member

Same thing happened with the present Rutgers coach but they hired him anyway. Said he graduated from rutgers but they found out he never did.
  2. daHUPride

daHUPride Member

i agree, i think he stays
  3. bob13

bob13 New Member

It would be a slap in the face for Manhattan to take him back. He took another position and was rejected after a background check. He therefore lied on his app to Manhattan as well
  4. Jack

Jack New Member

Kind of see it that way too. It's not just the lying thing. He also basically already left. Now you're gonna let him come crawling back?

Anyway, come on, Saints! I want the mediocrity championship bad tomorrow.
  5. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

6. daHUPride

daHUPride Member

7. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

He probably has 1 or 2 courses to complete his degree. That made it easier for Manhattan to retain him.
  8. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

9. HUSID

HUSID Active Member

Meantime what happens to their program. No head coach, credibility issues, who knows what will happen over the long term. Will be interesting to see what recruits do. Hope we play them next year.
  10. HofstraHockey

HofstraHockey Active Member

10 credits is a lot to simply have forgotten to taken. If it was some test or something (Hofstra had a writing proficiency exam that you needed to graduate, but wasn't for credit) I would understand. But almost a full semester of classes??

I'm sure he'll pull it off over the summer. There's no real oversight over this, like there would be for a student - athlete. I'm sure Kentucky will pump him through like they do all of the freshman basketball players that are going to be gone by June anyway.
  11. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

AJ agree. He gets his degree after an intense summer of classes and he is ready in the fall to start coaching again. In the meantime the Asst coaches run the program in his absence.
  12. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

Some interesting updates... Masiello finally earned his degree, and Marist HC Jeff Bower is reportedly leaving after only a year to become the Detroit Pistons GM.
  13. DutchAlum01

DutchAlum01 Member

How did he earn his degree so quick?? Is that even possible?
  14. HofstraHockey

Not at all. What a joke.
  15. Polito1

Polito1 New Member

can't say I particularly care about where or even whether a HC graduated or whatever, to me it's all about their ability to lead, coach, and win

HOWEVER, this guy just seems shady to me, this whole process was obviously a sham, he did lie, and THAT is stuff I don't care for - INTEGRITY - it is STILL important, at least to me - and he CLEARLY wants to bolt, so if I'm a talented player coming in with 3 or 4 yrs that HAS to stick out like a sore thumb

JL, a bit different, prob looking for that quick trip to the dance to help make his name and not worried so much about what happens in a few yrs - but anyone else, look out, he is going to bolt, it's only a matter of time - and if MC makes the dance again this yr, it could happen in just 1-2 yrs - but it WILL happen

just another plus and selling point for HU -> STABILITY - don't see him at MC long, and that will be a hit for them - on the flip side, if all goes well, I see JM finishing out his career at HU and then potentially handing over to Speedy who will then be quite experienced

MAJOR plus for HU on the recruiting front in the coming yrs
  16. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

Polito Hofstra still has some work to do even as it pertains to stability. I know Welsh and Cassera are in the rear view mirror but it is still fresh in our minds. After a couple of winning seasons it will seem like a bump in the road. But we need to have a couple of real good seasons to move on.
  17. bob13

bob13 New Member

He supposedly was only a few credits short.
  18. HofstraHockey

10 credits short. That's more than a few.
  19. stuball888

stuball888 Active Member

Thats what 3 classes. When did he start those classes?
  20. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

21. Polito1

Polito1 New Member

agreed Stu, HU still new in the stability department as well, BUT clearly establishing it and progressing in the positive direction - JM could, and if all goes well should, coach through retirement at HU - and then ideally pass on to a then-seasoned Speedy - THAT is some serious stability

Masiello on the other hand CLEARLY is ready to bolt at the next big opportunity - and nothing wrong with that, every up and coming coach should have those chances - but that is very obviously his next step and it likely won't be long, ESP if MC gets to the dance again this yr

that just helps put HU in the positive position in the coaching staff stability dept.
  22. Jojogunne

Jojogunne Active Member

With a degree finally in hand, how long before Masiello bolts Manhattan for good?
  23. bob13

bob13 New Member

they MAY HAVE TAken him back with a stipulation in his contract regarding leaving?
  24. daHUPride

daHUPride Member

Well with a new college degree he is certainly more marketable - car salesman - the sky is the limit.
  25. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member