Next few days

Discussion in 'James Madison Dukes' started by fanofallthatisjmu, Apr 6, 2013.

1. olddawg

olddawg New Member

It's not what is said on the boards, it's how it's said. Here endeth the lesson: [video=youtube;dOVxitMy47c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOVxitMy47c[/video]
  2. bulldog

bulldog New Member

Bwaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa! Yeah, pretty much! Great post, dawg!
  3. JMUDuke25

JMUDuke25 New Member

No. When someone gets on their high horse and goes off on me then yeah I can be a ****** and respond in turn though. I've never started a thing with Duke Dawg and anyone with reading level of a 1st grader can see he went off here first. Why come after me for giving him back a little taste of his own medicine?

Sorry, not me. I admit I'm blunt and speak my mind but like I said I'm blunt defending JMU and their people on this board, which is the exact opposite of Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuukes. Not that I care but there are plenty of game threads where I've posted with Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuukes. That would be a pretty awesome feat to respond to myself during a game. LOL
  4. bulldog

bulldog New Member

OK, I don't want to waste a lot of time on this, but just re-read your statement. You said, "....anyone with reading level of a 1st grader can see he went off here first."

First of all, that language is caustic, toxic, antagonizing. Yes? Secondly, you sound like a complete whiner.... "He hit me first! He hit me first!"

Relax. Edit your posts for nastiness before hitting the "reply" button. Endeavor to understand and use language that doesn't piss off the world.

I have already told you to GFY (a week or two ago). Now you are pissing off a couple more posters a day. Just chill. You'll be OK. It's all good.
  5. HyperDuke

HyperDuke Active Member

Funny, didn't realize you arrived before he disappeared.
  6. jmuDukes04

jmuDukes04 New Member

I haven't seen a post from Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukes in months and people are still sweating him. May he have hit on facts that people are afraid to admit? My gosh, people are really holding on to a message board poster like that?
  7. HyperDuke

HyperDuke Active Member

New game: everyone is now suspected of being Duuuuuuuuuuuuukes. You are now prime suspect #1 by virtue of using "sweating" as a verb.
  8. Dukes09

Dukes09 New Member

I'm assuming based on the cusa schools that you listed, that your definition of "driveable" is 8 hours from the location of jmu. I think it needs to be based on where the school is, not where "most alumni live".

Sun Belt Schools within 8 hours of hburg:
    App State
    GA State
    GA Southern

That's 4 driveable CUSA schools compared to 3 driveable SBC schools. Not a big difference.
  9. JMUDuke25

JMUDuke25 New Member

Ha. I don't remember you telling me to GFM. I just don't hold these forum grudges like some do (obsessed with Duuuuuuuuuuuukes?).

I appreciate the advice for whatever it's worth but I stand by what I said this morning. I asked an innocent question about conference expansion (Are we really being considered for a FB only invite by SBC because all the scuttlebutt is a full invite). If I asked that question to someone in person and they responded with a rant calling me condescending and jackass then I would tell that person to their face exactly what I told DD this morning. I'm not even fired up. I'm just not going to take **** from someone for no reason. Pretty sure many here (and bet you're one of them) would respond similarly. Maybe DD's **** don't stink because he's a moderator. I don't know and don't really care.

If people want to be pissed off at me because I've stuck to my guns all along that we are moving up and there was no need to threaten donations and stop supporting our programs then so be it. But don't think anyone should be pissed off over anything I said this morning. Peace.
  10. JMUDuke25

JMUDuke25 New Member

I'm not Dukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkes. I'm really Mickey Matthews.
  11. rufus

rufus New Member

I understand your view -- you're entitled to it. That said, at what point do you waiver from your "we're working on a move to FBS" position? In one year? Two? Ten? Twenty? At what point do you accept that we are going nowhere?

When does "good" inaction on the part of our admin start to look like "bad" inaction? How many peers have to pass us by while we do nothing?
  12. JMUDuke25

JMUDuke25 New Member

Sometime this calendar year. Hard to put an exact date on it but if the fall gets here and nothing has happened I will admit I wrong as my confidence will have changed. I expect something to occur before July 1st though.

I don't get the going nowhere part. That's the type of panic and frustration that I don't understand at least at this point in the process. It doesn't bother me that others have made the move before us. All that matters to me is where we end up. For example ODU fans were pretty fired up about their CUSA acceptance and upcoming rivalry with East Carolina. Now it's a rivalry with Charlotte or Marshall at best. Oops. Not saying CUSA is bad but it's not what it was a year ago.
  13. bulldog

bulldog New Member

14. jmuDukes04

jmuDukes04 New Member

Haha, I'll be glad to be that guy. Say what you want, but he got stuff stirred up and made the board more fun. The worst thing I saw was making factual statements. Not always in the tone people liked, but they were usually factual.
  15. jmuDukes04

jmuDukes04 New Member

I was always a lurker but had something weird going on where it wouldn't let my account post. Finally emailed the admin on this site and they helped me out. What did this guy do to you? Geez, man.....I didn't read every thread or anything.
  16. HyperDuke

HyperDuke Active Member

You're a sneaky one Duuuuuuuuuukes.
  17. BDKJMU

BDKJMU New Member

For the teams remember 8 hrs by car would = closer to 9 hrs by bus. I believe the driving limit is more like 400 miles
    for the teams. That's 1 driveable SB, 2 drive able CUSA, and 4 MAC. And the MAC has alot of teams in the 400s-500s, with the furthest being NIU at about 770. Furthest CUSA ALOT farther. And furthest SB even more so.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  18. Longhorn

Longhorn New Member

And that's one way...the STUDENT athletes are not in class folks when traveling...and yet their classwork still needs to get done. This isn't minor-league professional sports where the primary purpose is to play a game...it's to earn a degree!!! Extended travel is a HUGE factor in conference alignments.
  19. JCSuperSka

JCSuperSka New Member

Yeah, this concerns me even more when it comes to an all-sports move. At least football is only about six away games with a lot of travel. The sports that play tons of games are going to be on the road constantly.
  20. JMUPride

JMUPride New Member

I guess Georgia St/Georgia Southern and MAC schools are closer than I thought... wouldn't there have to be a lot of zig-zagging through mountains and stuff to get to MAC schools? There doesn't seem to many direct routes to the michigan/ohio/illinois area
  21. Dukester

Dukester Moderator

The movement has been mind blowing