Next few days

Discussion in 'James Madison Dukes' started by fanofallthatisjmu, Apr 6, 2013.

1. HyperDuke

HyperDuke Active Member

You're a bit abrasive; I think people just don't like your style.
  2. Dukie95

Dukie95 Active Member

See, the gif in the OP...it's come full circle.
  3. mcveyrl

mcveyrl New Member

And it only took until 9:30 - well earlier than that - on Monday...
  4. jmu007

jmu007 New Member

rabal rabal rabal rabal rabal... [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. jski1977

jski1977 New Member

Anxiously awaiting...something.

I plan on sending my Duke Club check in the day we learn of Brady's contract details and, hopefully, a new conference affiliation.
  6. rufus

rufus New Member

Technically my pledge was for CUSA or the MAC, but I'll honor it for any FBS move at this point. I'll be happy to make my first payment toward an endowed scholarship as soon as our reclassification paperwork is filed. I just don't think that's ever going to happen. Our admin does not seem to possess any desire to move to FBS under any circumstances.
  7. jmufan2008

jmufan2008 New Member

So incredibly wrong. Can you take a picture of you and your check with a shirt saying "I was wrong for blasting the admin every 2 seconds"? We are on the verge of great things and I can't wait for, not just you, but so many people on here to eat crow.
  8. rufus

rufus New Member

I would love to be wrong on this. I can't imagine a sweeter crow.
  9. dunkanddukin

dunkanddukin Active Member

bahahahahahahhaha. I actually did lol on this one. classic.
  10. JMUSuperfan2000

JMUSuperfan2000 New Member

2k8 just wants to steal your identity! Haha!
  11. MidloDuke

MidloDuke New Member

Agree! If its not the Sunbelt which is clearly offering - no begging!, then it better be one of these two asap. To those of you still on the pipe, NO we are not getting a Big Least invite. Not now, and likely not in your lifetime. Step away from the table..
  12. MidloDuke

MidloDuke New Member

Class act, isn't he?
  13. JMUSuperfan2000

From my personal very simplified perspective, I view a "similar school" as a mid- to large- public with academics that don't necessarily make you cringe when you hear about them and a school that is going to offer relatively strong commitment and a substantial mix of sports, including football, that will play all viable sports in the same conference (hockey/lacrosse would obviously be outliers to us). As to our current conference mates, I view Towson and Delaware as peer institutions that meet that profile.

I would have been very happy had URI disappeared from the CAA when they initially announced their move down. Their commitment to football is a joke with their half-stadium, and they get the benefit of playing in the A10 for everything else.

Drexel, Mason, and UNCW (and previously VCU and ODU) should all go to the A10 or a similar conference so they can focus on basketball (obviously not ODU now) and the Olympics. It doesn't make sense for schools at this level with football to be "handicapped" while schools without football can focus on basketball. It's an uneven playing field and the schools have too many differing interests, as shown by the break up of the Big East.

The Northeastern schools play in high school stadiums and can't even fill those for most games.

Villanova and W&M would make more sense playing in the Patriot, IMO. Smaller schools with a higher academic priority.

Again, just my thoughts. I'm sure there are plenty on here who disagree.
  14. JMUSuperfan2000

You know, looking at who is actually in the American Athletic Conference (that's the name, right?) I think I'd rather be in CUSA or the MAC. All around, I think they're going to be better conferences.
  15. jmuDukes04

jmuDukes04 New Member

Haha, couldn't agree more.....especially with the last line. I was vehemently against the Sun Belt and although it looks like we will not be headed there, I kind of changed my mind over the last year with all of the departures from the CAA and the additions the SB made. If they could shock everyone and bring us and Delaware both in, I'd be totally on board but that's not going to happen. Sounds like JMU isn't very interested and I don't think UD would be either as it's even worst for them geographically. Been saying it all along but I'd do a dance if the MAC extended an invite. There are really good teams there, it's really not that bad geographically, and it's stable. Only downside is we'd have to find a home for a couple sports they don't have.
  16. Duke Dawg

Duke Dawg Moderator

you really think that?

Cincinnati
    UConn
    Memphis
    Temple
    South Florida
    Central Florida
    SMU
    Houston
    East Carolina
    Tulsa

that league pwns CUSA and Sun Belt....especially in hoops. We'd pull off a minor miracle to get into that now and should absolutely blow up the internet with joy if it happened.
  17. JMUDuke25

JMUDuke25 New Member

The chump calls me a jackass out of the blue and I responded in turn. Sorry I'm not in the board inner circle. Guess you have to be a constant complainer about something for that. We're going to move to FBS soon just like I said all along. There was never a need to threaten donations and attack our administration like what happens here all the time.

If duke dawg wants to get his panties in a bunch because I called BS on his expansion sources he claimed to have then so be it. The twerp hasn't exactly gotten one right yet. I've never understood the message board fascination some have with always needing to be right.

We can all keep egging this type of BS on because if I'm going to receive I'm going to dish it out. Or we can all put the Internet egos away and talk JMU.
  18. JMUPride

JMUPride New Member

how is CUSA equal travel to Sun Belt? If a C-USA East existed... Marshall, Charlotte, ODU, and (maybe) MTSU are driveable, while only App St. (and Liberty if they join) would be driveable in the Slum Belt
  19. JMU_Duke_Dog

JMU_Duke_Dog New Member

Based on Alger's most recent communication alone I donated $100 to the visionless vision fund. I'll back up my pledge for fbs.
  20. Duke Dawg

Duke Dawg Moderator

jackass
  21. waterwagen

waterwagen New Member

Yup, but I would add that even in football that looks clearly better to me. Would love to be part of that.
  22. JMUSuperfan2000

I stand corrected. (It happens.) I forgot that the AAC still has the core from those top schools and was just thinking about the more recent additions, which just strike me as "far".

And you'll notice I didn't say anything about the Sun Belt. I would be ok with that move just to make the move up to FBS, but I really REALLY hope we've got something else in the works.
  23. bulldog

bulldog New Member

He has style? I think he is Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukes.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  24. jmuduke9

jmuduke9 New Member

25. bulldog

bulldog New Member

You got some big "ifs" in there!

If we had some ham we could have ham and eggs, if we had some eggs.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  26. hburg

hburg Active Member

Seriously doubt it. But you never know.
  27. JMUDuke25

JMUDuke25 New Member

Except I support JMU and Duuuuuukes used to complain about everything related to JMU.
  28. JMUDuke25

JMUDuke25 New Member

Yeah maybe I can admit it. I'd rather be a jackass than have an Internet Napoleon complex because no one believes I'm an insider.
  29. bulldog

bulldog New Member

25, are you always like this or is it just a regular, you know, monthly thing?
  30. HyperDuke

HyperDuke Active Member

I gotta say, I honestly thought you were him. Didn't mention it & lots of people here thought the same thing without me mentioning. Seems suspect at least. I don't have any issue with you; just my honest observations.