Next few days

Discussion in 'James Madison Dukes' started by fanofallthatisjmu, Apr 6, 2013.

1. 08 NY DUKE

08 NY DUKE New Member

jmu72, Will we be announcing our intentions on Tuesday?
  2. JMUSuperfan2000

JMUSuperfan2000 New Member

Ditto 72 and other superfan. It would be nice to have that annual rivalry with Appy, but other than them, I'm not thrilled by anything the Slum Belt has to offer. I like the mix of schools that currently make up CUSA, whether it's football-only or for all sports. In fact, I like it for all sports a hell of a lot better than the CAA right now. Having ODU for all sports is a good thing, and I think we'd quickly develop a good rivalry with Marshall. I also like the MAC for all sports because of the similarities that JMU has to the Ohio schools. Either of those conferences would be great, IMO.
  3. jmuduke9

jmuduke9 New Member

My only concern is if we turn down the Sun Belt, we better be holding a lock hand. A year from now I don't want to be hearing, "Well we thought we could do better, so we passed."
  4. ATLJMUAlum

ATLJMUAlum Active Member

I don't completely disagree, but if we're just "after something better" and don't have something better actually lined up, then I think we're making a huge mistake passing up the SB invitation. A few more years in the watered down FCS and CAA will just put us that much further behind those schools that are in the process of moving up now like ODU, Appy, GSU, maybe Liberty, etc. I just hope we have something in the works that we can move on quickly if we're turning down an invite from the SB.
  5. hburg

hburg Active Member

Yeah that is the risk JMU faces. I am sure there are things in the works, but if those things that are in the works fall through, then you are basically screwed or possibly screwed. On the Tuesday thing, if the poster earlier is correct, if we announce Tuesday, then it is probably SBC, if not, then it is a different conference, just my uneducated guess.
  6. dukeDoom

dukeDoom New Member

who the hell came up with Tuesday as being "the day"?
  7. 08 NY DUKE

08 NY DUKE New Member

Not to single you out, but I've heard the "similarities to other schools" argument from several posters multiple times. When we're playing Rhode Island in football, do you care whether or not their school is similar to ours? Drexel is in the inner city, JMU is in cow town. Villanova is an Augustinian school in a very affluent area. Georgia State's average SAT scores are lower than my blood pressure.

What qualifies as a similar school?
    Do you think our current conference-mates are similar?
    Why do we care?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
  8. Dukes09

Dukes09 New Member

it'll matter one day when we field varsity chess and math clubs. our spelling bees will be better than the bcs.
  9. bulldog

bulldog New Member

So, if the Sun Belt is a "bad match" geographically, then so is CUSA, since they have about the same footprint. I believe the MAC is the least compatible conference with us, so.... WTF?!
  10. JMad03

JMad03 New Member

I'd really like to know the same thing. I thought the group doing the assessment was going to be finished this summer.
    As others have said, if we turn down the Sun Belt and not have another conference basically a lock, that would be incredibly foolish.
  11. Miami (Oh)-Yeah!

Miami (Oh)-Yeah! New Member

Where the heck is Terry Holland when you need him!? He hasn't posted here in a while and we could use some insight.
  12. hburg

hburg Active Member

He is no longer around, we now have The Ghost of Terry Holland....:alien:
  13. BDKJMU

BDKJMU New Member

SB is worse than the CUSA geographically. Of the 3, MAC is by far the most comparable to JMU geographically.
  14. fanofallthatisjmu

fanofallthatisjmu Active Member

i made it up to stir the pot and start internet rumors. and much to my delight it took hold and really spread like wildfire
  15. rufus

rufus New Member

In the eyes of our admin, "something better" is a restocked CAA and FCS football.
  16. JMUDuke25

JMUDuke25 New Member

Can you give it a rest for one thread?
  17. fanofallthatisjmu

get your check book ready for that full scholarship you promised to fund ;)
  18. Dukes09

Dukes09 New Member

yep. i also recall him saying that. i fully expect all pro-fbs fans to back up their pledges. I know I will be.
  19. JMAD1SON

JMAD1SON Guest

+1
  20. ATLJMUAlum

ATLJMUAlum Active Member

Same here. Will be happy to write a larger check as promised.
  21. JMU Newbill

JMU Newbill New Member

This is what I tell Duke Club every time they call me at 8 or 9pm.
  22. Duke Dawg

Duke Dawg Moderator

guess what - we have football in one conference and all other sports in another right now.

CAA Football and CAA are two separate entities that share a "name" only. Half the CAA football league is not in the CAA for anything else....URI, UNH, Maine, Stony Brook, Albany, Villanova, Richmond.

How is that different than Sun Belt?
  23. JMUDuke25

JMUDuke25 New Member

Okay. You keep suggesting we're going to get a football only invite from the Sun Belt? Do you know something the bloggers don't know? Or are you just in wishful thinking mode? There's plenty of smoke here but none of it is talking football only.
  24. ATLJMUAlum

ATLJMUAlum Active Member

I'm fully aware that they are two separate legal entities; however, there are a number of shared teams, and in not sure the admin or the casual fan have any clue that they are separate.
  25. Duke Dawg

Duke Dawg Moderator

you don't know what I know, do you?

Which is pretty awesome from my standpoint, because you come across a little condescending and basically like a jackass quite often.

What I do know is that I know more than you. That I can absolutely guarantee you.

i know what I know, and I also have my opinion on what I think we should do. Those may or may not be the same thing.
  26. ATLJMUAlum

ATLJMUAlum Active Member

Should have said that I don't think out admin think of it that way and the casual fan likely has no clue
  27. fanofallthatisjmu

yep 8)
  28. JMUDuke25

JMUDuke25 New Member

Go **** yourself asshole.

I asked you a harmless question from JMU fan to JMU fan. You want to give that kind of answer then go for it. I don't care if you are a moderator if you're going to act like a dickhead.

No one was questioning what you know, how you know it, or anything else. I might question your common sense though. If you have a personal beef with me take over it to PM's and has it out if you want.
  29. Duke Dawg

Duke Dawg Moderator

haha. nice one. :thumbup1:
  30. JMUDuke25

JMUDuke25 New Member

Seriously what is your problem? I don't ever recall even conversing with you except one thread concerning ACC expansion. IIRC, you claimed you had inside sources on that too. LOL