NBCSN Claims Rising Viewership For CAA Basketball

Discussion in 'William & Mary Tribe' started by mrjoolius, Jun 4, 2014.

1. mrjoolius

mrjoolius Active Member

CAA tweeted:
    "#NBCSN shared great #CAAHoops ratings info during today’s annual meetings. The 13-14 average viewership was up 83% from the 12-13 season."

Interesting news since many were predicting the CAAs demise once VCU, GMU, & ODU left.
  2. Big Tribe

Big Tribe New Member

A great many of the CAA contests showed on NBC Sports last season were thrilling, tight games with some
    very good individual performances. These kind of games draw viewership.
  3. mrjoolius

mrjoolius Active Member

I think it bodes well for a continued relationship with the national network. Having a national TV contract is a major boost when comparing the CAA to other mid majors. I think we all saw, that even with out the VCU/GMU star power, some entertaining & competitive basketball is played in the CAA.

Also, selfishly, I look forward to more featured Tribe games coming off a 20 win season & featuring the leagues most exciting player.
  4. 82hawk

82hawk Active Member

The addition of Kevin Keatts at UNCW and his Louisville connections should bring even more interest. Not to mention the style of play he brings to the table will resemble VCU, which is exciting to watch and is now absent in the CAA.