Media Thread

Discussion in 'Drexel Dragons' started by MetSox, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

2. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

Bru was sitting courtside next to Coach Cal last night at the Sixers game. Malik had a lot of kind words about him being a good coach etc if only his players could stay healthy. :\

My gf, god bless her, commented, "I've never seen Bruiser sitting still like that before!"
    Water Boy likes this.
  3. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

4. Dragon for life

Dragon for life Active Member

5. DrachenFire

DrachenFire Well-Known Member

Did we build one of the new buildings on an ancient burial ground or something?
  6. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

7. DrachenFire

Daily News' Drexel Prospectus:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/20141112_Drexel_basketball_at_a_glance.html

Not really sure what he's talking about, unless he thinks any shot not in the paint is a three. Only 28.8% of our shots were three point attempts, good for 268th in the country. Not even going to get into the whole "big guys didn't score much."
  8. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

Nice work by The Triangle in their preview http://thetriangle.org/2014-15-basketball-preview/

One curious note, unless I missed there was not a single mention of the two seniors, Freddie or Soren. I guess we shouldn't have to high of hopes that Soren is going to be the next Zeke Upshaw or that Freddie will finally break out offensively?
  9. DrachenFire

I also don't recall seeing any mention of Bah, but I hope he worked out with Rodney:

"With an added leadership workload and the expectations of a big season on the horizon, Williams worked harder than he ever had this past spring and summer. He added between 12 and 15 pounds of muscle, working to make himself a stronger, more imposing force in the paint against CAA forwards like Northeastern University’s Scott Eatherton."

I really hope Bah shows some growth this year. With this year setting up to be a big transition year, it'd be great to have Damion, Tavon and Ahmad as another big three scoring guards to go with three capable bigs in Rodney, Mohamed and Kaz next season.
  10. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

MedicSBK likes this.
  11. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

12. dan10

dan10 Active Member

Good read. The few of us who follow the women have been saying similar things over the years and how lucky we have been to have her coaching our team. She has been nothing but outstanding for Drexel and continues to recruit players that fit her system and challenges them in the OOC, including tinkering with lineups. She understands that the conference games are really what matters, and is ok with losing a lot of OOC games to prepare for the CAA grind. It has certainly paid off and hopefully will continue to pay off where we can challenge some of her tough OOC opponents regularly. Hopefully the next appearance in the NCAAT is closer than Albuquerque.
  13. Dragon for life

Random shout out by Mike Gundy

"I wouldn't put your small school against the one seed," Gundy said. "If there's a really dominant college football team, and they play a team that's at that level, you could end up with a one-16 (in basketball terminology). But there's been some 15 beat some twos. That would drive your television ratings through the roof. Everybody loves for Drexel to keep winning."Drexel doesn't actual field a football team, but you get Gundy's drift.

http://newsok.com/mike-gundy-believes-college-football-playoff-will-expand/article/5418053
  14. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

That's bizarre. Mike Gundy is an Oklahoma guy born and raised. Why are we the first name on his mind?
  15. Dragon for life

Maybe he is taking Bruiser's Job? haha
  16. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

Anyone else watch that dude who torched us for 30 back in the 2012 DirectTV Classic put away an NBA playoff series?
  17. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

Anyone else watch that dude who couldn't make his free throws at ODU still acting like a punk in the Eastern Conference Finals?
  18. MedicSBK

MedicSBK Member

Oh.. the NBA season is still going on?
    MetSox likes this.
  19. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

20. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

Man... Bruiser is seriously in denial... His comments are disgraceful.
  21. MedicSBK

MedicSBK Member

“They understand,” he says. “Some people, on the other hand,” he continued, cracking a wry smile before trailing off and refusing to continue.

If that isnt a telling comment I dont know what is...

Bruiser's comments about grad transfers is so hypocritical. He had no problem with it last year when he acquired his UCLA center. Granted, he did not play at the same level as Lee does but still.. College basketball isnt about basketball.. its about college, right?

I just want to say one other thing: Adam Hermann is a GREAT writer. He's objective and not afraid to say what needs to be said. I started reading a lot of student written Drexel stuff about two years ago. I've been a life long fan (not a graduate) and usually spent my time reading stat lines and not opinion articles. Kevin Rossi was my first real exposure to the student end of things. He would defend Bruiser like nobody I have ever seen and refused to say a negative word about him.

Granted, being a student at a university can probably put you in a tough situation. If the wrong person does not like what you have to say, you could probably be out of your position with the school paper, especially with what I know about some of the things the communications department has done at Drexel.

Kudos to Adam for having the courage to report what he sees. He's objective but he's honest. I hope he keeps it up, and I hope he goes places. He's a great kid with a lot of talent.
    DrachenFire likes this.
  22. Dragon for life

23. Dragon for life

24. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

25. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

3. Develop chemistry. This could have been titled “develop a rotation,” but we all know Bruiser lives and dies by his starting 5.
  26. MetSox

MetSox Active Member

27. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

Damn, good writing Metsox.

DUMBball: I Want To Believe
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  28. DrachenFire

That's DUMBball, science darn it!

Excellent write-up, although...
    "for the first time since these pages began in 2013 you won't just need to read things from one mans perspective"
    Alan and that other hack may object a bit to this line.
  29. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

Ha. Edited.
  30. MetSox

MetSox Active Member

I actually did mess around with that and I think I lost my changes there. Apologies to Alan and the other hack.

And thanks guys, appreciate the feedback as always.