Mason to A10, Cougars next move?

Discussion in 'College of Charleston Cougars' started by ODUgobigblue, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull New Member

Except you need a passport.

You realize El Paso is closer to Los Angeles than it is to Houston.
  2. trojcofc

trojcofc Member

I guess my point is that you are generally flying.

It would be so ironic that the conference that ASU and GSU have been pining for , for ages offers CofC after they go SBU.

Anyway seems awfully far fetched I will believe it when I see it.
  3. GACoug

GACoug Member

Why would the CAA cease to exist? You may have 1 or 2 FBS defections, but it looks like the basketball defections are done for now. It's not like the SoCon is sitting in a position of power to try to steal teams, and there's not much they could do to help with the buyout.

If any conference disappears on the East Coast it is going to be the A-Sun. They are about to lose 3-4 teams to the SoCon/Big South. Any teams they pickup will be from D-II or below so they will have a number of probationary years before they qualify as D-I and that is going to put the A-Sun dangerously close to needing a waiver.

And the CofC to C-USA is still bizarre even if the CAA dismantled for some reason. That would more likely lead to CofC going back to SoCon with a bruised ego or to the Big South to avoid that.
  4. SuperPatriot

SuperPatriot New Member

Agreed. Crazy talk that the CAA would cease to exist. CAA is about to get at least one more southern addition and another northeast addition. Stability is coming. If anything... the CAA should be more concerned that CofC won't stick around with a potential opportunity to head to the Atlantic 10 coming in a year's time.