Lee Transferring

Discussion in 'Drexel Dragons' started by DrachenFire, Mar 30, 2015.

1. dan10

dan10 Active Member

It is only relatively new, maybe 4 or so years? The major of his undergrad is irrelevant, I do believe. He just has to choose a major for his graduate studies that doesnt exist at drexel.
  2. DBALL

DBALL Active Member

Lee hasn't shown me he is good enough for the NBA, but given his size, athletic ability and showing how hard he works at the game (ie free throw shooting), a transfer is what he needed. Him calling it "strictly business" sounds more like the move was more for career purposes rather than to appear in the NCAA Tourney, although the two are inseparable.
  3. philcski

philcski Active Member

If Frantz had gotten an opportunity to play in the Tournament do you think he would be playing in the NBA right now? I do.
  4. warpig

warpig Active Member

it seems like it was a huge part of it. he said in the triangle article that he started considering transfer when he got hurt at the end of the year. he probably started thinking the chances would be high for another injury next year since he'd likely be asked to play 40 minutes and completely carry the team.

i hadn't thought much about this before...that bruiser's coaching style could be dangerous. i'm not sure that's a fair criticism...but it's something to consider. you can't just blame the trainers like he wants to. it is dangerous to constantly point fingers at everyone else...including your own players...instead of looking at the big picture for the root of the problem.
  5. MedicSBK

MedicSBK Member

Watching Tavon Allen play as injured as he was in situations where games were out of reach was nothing short of alarming this season. The dude would limp down the court and stand in one spot. And then limp up the court. They were playing 5-4 with healthier guys on the bench.

The thing that is more alarming to me is the rate of practice injuries this team has experienced in the last couple of years... Yikes.
  6. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

Ha... I honestly don't think injuries are anything more than really bad luck... It is a tough sport and a grueling schedule.. Guys are gonna get injured. Fouch fell over a camera man. Lee broke his hand. That could happen to a guy who plays 1 minute/night.
  7. MedicSBK

MedicSBK Member

Well yes. Much of it can be bad luck. But how I see injuries handled in game time situations gives me concern for how they are handled in practice situations.

I forget which game it was.. it was the Southern Miss game.. Tavon's last game before he had his knee surgery. He was obviously injured. Hobbling around. Its a non-conference game that was out of reach. Somehow though Allen ended up back on the court. That is the kind of thing that potentially makes an injury worse.

In one of the last games of the season Myles hurt his ankle. Again, there he was hobbling up and own the court. On the bench sat Austin Williams who played his usual 3 minutes a game in a STARTING ROLE. For the betterment of the team, Austin's minutes were not increased to get the obviously injured Myles more time on the bench to get checked out or to recover a bit, he was left on the floor obviously injured.

How many times this season did we see Lee, who was coming off a catastrophic injury to his knee that cost him almost his entire season, left in a game that was completely out of reach to play another 40 minutes in a game when the best player in the conference could have possibly benefitted from a little bit of a rest on the sidelines? He wouldn't have prevented his wrist injury but it is an example of poor man management.

Injuries are bad luck but Bruiser does a TERRIBLE job managing players who ARE injured in game situations so what happens in practice? When Mojica "slipped on a puddle" on the floor did Bruiser yell at him to shake it off and tried to put him back in the practice set because they were so short or did he get the treatment he needed? Abif.. Canaday.. LongIranianNameGuy... Those are practice injuries. I just find that suspect with the quality of man management that I have seen in game situations.
    drexelJay likes this.
  8. dan10

dan10 Active Member

I just hope the puddle wasnt from a leaky roof...
    MedicSBK likes this.
  9. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

All valid points
  10. warpig

warpig Active Member

I try to avoid adopting extremist views like bruiser is harmful to your health. Then I remember the extremist views on the opposite side that have run the program into the ground...and I don't feel as bad.
    MedicSBK, drexelJay and MetSox like this.
  11. Water Boy

Water Boy Active Member

Jon Rothstein is reporting that Lee has narrowed his choices to Arizona, Gonzaga, Louisville, Marquette, and Maryland. I guess if he picks Gonzaga, I should drive over and see him since I never saw him in person with Drexel. Gonzaga seems like an odd choice though if he wants to step up. They are certainly a top-notch program but they are a mid-major. If you want to challenge yourself why stick to a mid-major? The competition in the West Coast is a little different than the Pac-10, ACC, Big East, or Big 10.
  12. MedicSBK

MedicSBK Member

Adam Hermann just reiterated your post there, Water Boy... Reports are that he might go to Arizona.
  13. jmo34

jmo34 Member

Damion literally posted the exact list on his own twitter. No need to go through second hand sources.
  14. philcski

philcski Active Member

He should go to Maryland... home state, Big Ten, and a possible top 5 team that he would step right into. Of course, we will all puke when he's announced as a "Drexel transfer" all season and they make the Final Four.
  15. Dragon for life

Dragon for life Active Member

Drexel Graduate... Transfer
  16. dan10

dan10 Active Member

I cant see Marquette or Gonzaga making any sense for him. The other 3 options are all good options for him where those teams all need a 3. At least Arizona has played against him (6 points on 3-10 shooting). I still hope he picks maryland, but maybe he could be the next Luke Hancock at Louisville.
  17. Dragon for life

Lee is heading to Louisville... Bruiser probably regrets scheduleing that game now.. haha
  18. dan10

dan10 Active Member

Surprising to say the least. Good opportunity for him, hope he capitalizes. Anyone else think it is kind of interesting he chose to go to a coach that coaches very similarly (defense first, offense never)?
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  19. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

20. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

I would have rooted for him if he went to Maryland... Louisville - not so much
  21. DrachenFire

DrachenFire Well-Known Member

We have a game scheduled against Louisville?

Noticed no mention of UConn, appalled that they are still letting their athletes go to bed hungry.
  22. dan10

dan10 Active Member

Now we know why he chose louisville...i kid i kid
  23. DrachenFire

Didn't realize KFC stood for Kinkily Finalizing Commitments. #TheMoreYouKnow
  24. DrachenFire

25. DuBirdsFan

DuBirdsFan Member

So he skips but sends his players to face the music. Standup guy.
  26. Dragon for life

Conspiracy theory... Lee see's a post season ban... and then he comes back to Drexel :p
  27. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

Lee has been banned from postseason play since he committed to come to Drexel.
  28. DrachenFire

Pretty sure him choosing Louisville over Maryland was a sign the move wasn't really about dancing (beyond maybe some lap dancing) and more positioning himself for the Draft.
  29. dan10

dan10 Active Member

Louisville has given themselves a self imposed postseason ban for this season. Lee will still not play an NCAA tournament game over his career. A shame for him certainly, but he has gotten plenty of exposure to give him a shot at the next level. Heck he has given Drexel more exposure this year than Drexel has given itself, not sure there has been a game they played on national tv where Lee wasnt mentioned as the transfer from Drexel.
  30. DrachenFire

Feel bad for him as I would have loved to see him dance, but when you lie with dogs....

Still wish he wound up at Maryland.