delaware

Discussion in 'Drexel Dragons' started by warpig, Feb 22, 2014.

1. warpig

warpig Active Member

i started a new thread even though we probably have 1,000 threads named delaware. we won 3 in a row when i was starting them a couple weeks ago. we'll see what happens.

i'll be splitting time with the daytona 500. for the record...i like dale earnhardt, jr. to win.

boeheim just got thrown out of the syracuse-duke game. looked like a charge to be honest although i'm partial to duke.
  2. Timer

Timer Moderator

Looked like a charge to me too. Impressive Boeheim response and an entertaining post-game...
  3. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

Fire Boeheim
  4. J.B.

J.B. Active Member

That completely reminded me of Bruiser's outburst at the end of a game at VCU a few years ago. But I was amazed that that was the first time that he was ever ejected in over 450 thousand games coached or whatever it is. The irony about it is that the ejection took place at Duke, where the refs get more southern home cooking than anywhere else. But I agree that it was probably the right call. The defender may have shuffled his foot just a tiny bit, but a really tough call.
  5. J.B.

J.B. Active Member

Back to the Delaware game. The Bob will be sold out, as a combination of senior day and the second game of a doubleheader with the women. And there will actually be fans in the far endzone seats instead of a large piece of plastic. Delaware fans love a winner and it's going to be hostile environment today. Hopefully the Dragons will be up for the task. They need this game, but I don't see it happening. Delaware 75, Drexel 63.
  6. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

Lol.. Difference being Jim Boeheim has enough wins, conference championships, NCAA tourney appearances and National Championships to do whatever the hell he wants... When your top accomplishments are 2 NIT wins and some CAA coach of the year awards over your 18 years, you should just learn to shut your mouth.
  7. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

Pretty impressive start
  8. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

Seems to be a lot of confusion over the blocking rules.
  9. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

This is what is so frustrating about this team... Every time we get the bigs involved, we look great... And then we stop doing it!!! Keep it up!!
  10. dan10

dan10 Active Member

After the horrid start we have been playing well. We have done a good job boxing out misses and keeping them from multiple shots in a possession. It is also nice we are not trying to play at their pace like last game. Would be nice if canady could show something on offense, since they are giving him all the space in the world.
  11. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

Nice T on Saddler.
  12. dan10

dan10 Active Member

Our offense is atrocious without Frantz in the game. We have no clue how to play. Having this offense that only uses Frantz and Fouch is frustrating to watch, even more than a normal bruiser coached offense. Hopefully we have a better plan in the second half. How many times do we need to mention using our bigs more?
  13. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  14. dan10

dan10 Active Member

15. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

Could Ruffin go strong to the basket just once?
  16. dan10

dan10 Active Member

Would be nice relaxing, just once. What a waste of an open lay up, followed by the entire team forgeting how to play defense. 4 now on Frantz and we are in trouble.
  17. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

Come on Tavon, don't foul the 3 pt shooter.
  18. philcski

philcski Active Member

WHAT WHAT... big win!
  19. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

Very nice... That has to be a confidence builder at the perfect time in a very hostile environment.

Oh yea... By the way..

DELAWARE...
  20. Dragon for life

Dragon for life Active Member

Yay! This means the pessimistic "realist" fans will be quiet till Wednesday? :) Good win!
  21. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

sucks
  22. warpig

warpig Active Member

i don't think delaware took one decent shot in the last 2 minutes. credit our defense...but they struggle when they're just throwing up jump shots.
  23. J.B.

J.B. Active Member

Great Win!!!

Now, Drexel clinches at least 6th place and can clinch 4th place with 1 win.

The win also makes Drexel postseason eligible. They clinch a .500 or better season and can now be eligible for a postseason tournament.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
  24. dan10

dan10 Active Member

Nice win, but the end of that game was horribly played by everyone. Why were we pushing the ball and taking shots? Let them foul you. Nice of Frantz to make his only 2 free throws in the last minute. I still feel like Tavon has little basketball IQ on the court between his shot selection and his decisions. Nice win heading into senior night.
  25. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

I hate to have to bring this up but im not sure its cool for Bru to be shoving an assistant coach like that.. Did anyone else see that?
  26. Dragon for life

Dragon for life Active Member

I am sure he is going to lose sleep over it. I am sure it isn't the first time he's been pushed
  27. dan10

dan10 Active Member

I think we all saw it. It was not right for Bru to go after Connors like that, and telling them all to sit down, but at the same time you should also know if Bru is trying to get a technical foul at the wrong time, nobody should get in his way
  28. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

Lol... Seriously!! Connors was trying to calm him down - thank god he took the brunt of it bc if Bru got a t up 4 with 15 secs left, they should have made him walk back to Philly...
  29. J.B.

J.B. Active Member

A coach can get in a lot of trouble for shoving another player or shoving a ref. There's no penalty for shoving his top assistant. Conners is there as a shield to keep him from getting into real trouble. I found that situation humorous and nothing more. Let's please try not to make something out of nothing and have this lead to another 50 posts about Bru's anger issues.
  30. drexelJay

drexelJay Active Member

Thats bs... You shouldn't shove anyone like that. Period.