Delaware Dismisses Jarvis Threatt

Discussion in 'Hofstra Pride' started by ProudofPride, Jun 10, 2014.

1. ProudofPride

ProudofPride Member

Delaware announced today that Jarvis Threat has been dismissed from the team. That's huge for all of the CAA. He was the tournament MVP and the 3rd leading scorer for UD, but would've been the top returning scorer. Can't help but think they'll be towards the basement in the standings this season unless their freshmen step up big time.
  2. garyg

garyg New Member

Bad news for BHP
  3. Flying Dutchmen

Flying Dutchmen Active Member

Where do you think that puts us in the preseason poll? We have to be top three.
  4. HUSID

HUSID Active Member

Yeh where is Blue Hen Pat when we want him?
  5. HofstraHockey

HofstraHockey Active Member

Guess UD won't be much of a Threatt next year in the CAA...
  6. BlueHenPat

BlueHenPat Member

Here I am. Jarvis was given chances and didn't take advantage of them. It's a shame for him but the correct decision. Big hit for us, but we're still the defending CAA champs.

We'll be young and freshmen will be given an opportunity. The new era of UD hoops begins today.
  7. daHUPride

daHUPride Member

This kid sounds like one of our pre-JAM recruits - also saw Dallas Anglin signed with Southern Miss
  8. HUSID

HUSID Active Member

Good riddance to them all!
  9. Polito1

Polito1 New Member

wow, BIG hit and will impact them - no knocking, HU has had more than their share... glad to see UD do the right thing despite the clear impact it will have - BHP, good thing you got all those frosh coming in, you're gonna need 'em!

alas, on the other side is a MAJOR benefit to HU and others vying for the top! This helps big time, and another reason to think the conf is wide open

looked at NE again, and can see/agree they have talent, both at guard and DEF in the post, esp with Ford's return - but I don't think they're head and shoulders above anyone else in the top half - I see talent in the starting rotation, but not tremendous depth (that can hurt in the CAA) - IMHO, CAA still open for the taking!
  10. Polito1

Polito1 New Member

FD, I'm not sure in all fairness that HU can be placed in the top 3 for the preseason poll simply because the majority of the roster hasn't actually played for HU yet lol - gotta be fair, it's just on paper right now, still has to be proven - which will just make this yr all the more exciting!

now that said, I do think this could put HU in top 4 (no order but HU, NE, Towson, and CofC, with Drexel in the mix)

like BHP said before, that's why you play the games