CofC

Discussion in 'Drexel Dragons' started by dan10, Feb 6, 2016.

1. dan10

dan10 Active Member

This is obviously a winnable game just because of style of play. Without Barry, this is a team that has been up and down. Without him we won our only conference game this year. That was at home, this is not. Vegas having CofC as 7.5 point favorites is alarming with an over under of 120. We know this will be a low scoring game so a 7.5 favorite is a huge blowout. Lets hope Vegas is wrong. I think we fall in a close one. Need a big outing from Rodney/Kaz this evening

DU- 56
    CofC- 61

Vegas: CofC -7.5
  2. MedicSBK

MedicSBK Member

After going through the close and late stats that I did last week, this game on paper looks like it is going to be a slug match. C of C plays a tight, tight game. I predict that Drexel will trail by 4 with 4 minutes to go, and lose by 2.

C of C 55
    Drexel 53
  3. MetSox

MetSox Active Member

Pregame post is up. We're on the same page, Alan not so much. He could very easily be right.

Link
  4. MedicSBK

MedicSBK Member

90?!?!?! Did he turn the 6 upside down by accident?
  5. DrachenFire

DrachenFire Well-Known Member

Bad memories of our first two games at TD Arena caused me to think that it was a Drexel shooting house of horrors when actually it isn't that bad, at least by our standards. DU's game notes show our typical starting lineup being back for this one, so I'm interested in seeing how Terrell reacts after not getting the start for the first time against JMU. Bru also had a different sub scheme for first big off the bench in going with Tyshawn instead of Mo. First few minutes are going to be key, I agree with MetSox's postgamer of JMU where the team obviously seemed to quit in the second half. Was that a one half thing, or are we starting to see a breakdown in an obviously lost season?

I don't see us winning but the difference in being close or blown out will depend on the team's mental state.
    I'll leave my comfort zone and actually predict a score: 64-53 Cougs
  6. DrachenFire

DrachenFire Well-Known Member

I was wrong, it is a shooting house of horrors (though pretty much anywhere that has a hoop could be considered that with this team). If Charleston hadn't of fouled so much I'm not sure we would have gotten out of the 20s.
  7. dan10

dan10 Active Member

Glad I didnt tune into this one and was out and about. 10 points at half and 38 for the game? My goodness.
  8. EvanJ

EvanJ Active Member

You were led in scoring by Rodney Williams, who didn't make a field goal. He made 8 free throws. In addition to shooting the ball poorly, Drexel attempted only 34 field goals. To put that into perspective, Hofstra has played 348 games since 2005-2006 and attempted at least 41 field goals in each game.
  9. MedicSBK

MedicSBK Member

And Terrell off the bench.