CofC vs. JMU Inaugural CAA Game

Discussion in 'College of Charleston Cougars' started by trojcofc, Jan 7, 2014.

1. trojcofc

trojcofc Member

CofC takes down defending champ JMU for its first victory in the new conference.

I thought JMU was really energetic, early on probably inspired by the return of Nation.
    It looked like it was going to be a dogfight.
    CofC shot lights out for three which I will be honest is a rarity for them this season.

JMU got a little fatigued at the end of the first which was the difference maker.
    At halftime holding on to a 7 point lead I felt that CofC would likely regress towards the mean(shooting wise) and I was worried we wouldn't hold the lead.
    CofC went multiple possessions where they simply werent getting in anything into the hoop despite several shots. JMU chipped away and eventually tied it up on Semenov's grenade arching three from the top of the key.

Just when it looked like JMU could go on a run and steal it, Nation got the cramps, the team seemed to hit the wall and they ended a 5 minute scoring drought down double digits again. They simply didn't recover.

Anyway fun game to start CAA play for cougar fans.

Hats off to JMU they will be a nasty team to play come tournament time if they are a low seed. Especially when Nation gets his legs back.
  2. masonhoopsfan

masonhoopsfan Active Member

Very nice win. Keep it up gentlemen.