Cappacio accepts achievement award

Discussion in 'UNCW Seahawks' started by masonborohawk, Mar 7, 2007.

1. masonborohawk

masonborohawk New Member

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Dayton, OH - Wright State University announced today the awarding of a lifetime achievement award to Mike Cappacio, athletic director at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. In recognizing Cappacio, unamed Wright State officials recognized the instrumental role Cappacio played in the hiring of head basketball coach Brad Brownell, "Without Mike's attitude and desire, we would have never been able to land a coach like Brownell." Brownell let the Raiders to their first NCAA tournament appearence in more than a decade by defeating Butler last night for the Horizon League championship.

As a lifetime achievement award winner, Capaccio is accepted as a permanent member of the "Raider Nation". It has also been rumored the award carries with it several discounts at Wilmington area moving companies.
  2. ceghawkfan

ceghawkfan New Member

ILL HELP HIM PACK HIS AWARD :D :D
  3. J15hawk

J15hawk New Member

Great post masonboro. You think MC might get it yet or maybe Rosie might see what is in front of her ?
  4. sheik34

sheik34 New Member

Hey buddy. Did i see you on TV?. :shock: :lol:
  5. WaterHawk11

WaterHawk11 New Member

Stupid Board Question Time:

Does anyone think Rosie actually knew Wright St was playing last night..?
    Do you think she knew this morning before she got to her office ?
    Do you think she understands our fans aren't happy ?
    Do you think she was like a woman who doesn't keep up with sports and when she found out Brad had won again, said " that's nice, he's a nice person, I knew him when he worked for me here " ??

My answers are :
    No
    No
    No
    Yes
  6. ezrider

ezrider Member

Absolutely the best post I have seen in a loooooooog time! I did see Mike and Mrs. DePaolo in Richmond at one of the games; in fact they sit down in front of me. (Don’t believe an excessive large amount of people seen them when they arrived.) :wink:
  7. seahawkchick

seahawkchick New Member

I know the perfect place for him to keep that award! I only hope it was nice and pointy......
  8. SeahawkNation11

SeahawkNation11 New Member

Good Point WaterHawk. We have to remind ourselves to view the situation from her naiive perspective. She is probably oblivious to the significance of that victory, or Brownell's success in general. God, we have a dumb chancellor.