CAA coverage on NBCSN

Discussion in 'Football' started by geezerhawkdad, Oct 13, 2013.

1. geezerhawkdad

geezerhawkdad Member

I watched the end of the JMU-Richmond game and the 1st quarter or so of the Villanova-Towson game. The quality of the coverage is excellent and choice of teams made a great impression. 3 of the 4 have won FCS titles in recent years and Towson beat Connecticut this season.

The CAA's faculty should be happy that the lead-in was an Ivy League/Patriot matchup. Strong academic programs in all 3 games. Publicity like that explains why Elon made the move.
  2. -Tribal-

-Tribal- Active Member

Agree and hope to see the great coverage/games throughout MBB season.
  3. State Line Liquors

State Line Liquors New Member

It was good coverage, and I enjoyed watching it.

I amaze myself a little with how little attention I pay to major college football and basketball anymore in favor of the CAA broadcasts. It's particularly easy to do, when the broadcast is as good as what we had Saturday.
  4. bluehenbillk

bluehenbillk Active Member

Good coverage of three games on Saturday & poor attendance at all three as well.
  5. Dukie95

Dukie95 Active Member

As someone that was at the JMU/UD game this year, you really have no room to talk attendance.
  6. -Tribal-

-Tribal- Active Member

W&M students were on break so I assume most other schools were in the same boat. Mix in poor weather and there you have it. Keep in mind that many season ticket holders are older individuals so to begrudge them for their unwillingness to sit in 3+ hours of rain is, IMO, unfair.
  7. bluehenbillk

Delaware was one of the three games that I was speaking about. I apologize for forgetting there were JMU people in the audience, I'll remember to dumb things down more next time.
  8. HyperDuke

HyperDuke Active Member

I'll translate for bluehenbillk, who's apparently not on his A-game. YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT ATTENDANCE UNLESS IT'S A DELAWARE GAME BECAUSE DELAWARE'S ATTENDANCE IS ABOUT AS BAD AS IT GETS.

Think that should do it.
  9. bluehenbillk

What the F don't you JMU guys understand. There were 3 CAA games televised Saturday:

Albany @ Delaware - 17K
    Richmond @ JMU - 19K
    Nova @ Towson - 10K

Those were the announced figures which alone weren't very good for those games but the actuals were much worse. You'll note that Delaware is in there too......
  10. -Tribal-

-Tribal- Active Member

JMU and UD were both top 5 in FCS attendance last season.
  11. Dukie95

Dukie95 Active Member

I didn't realize UD was also on TV that day. I was in Harrisonburg, so missed all of it.
  12. trbefn

trbefn New Member

UD is not filling the Tub up like they used to but they and JMU still do a pretty good job of putting fannies in the stands. TU to have 10k Saturday is a sure sign people are being attracted to their games. They may be on the toughest market with professional teams in the area and the past history of not always being competitive. Good for them turning the corner and making a splash in their market.