Are we moving up???

Discussion in 'Delaware Blue Hens' started by dovetail, Mar 30, 2013.

1. dovetail

dovetail New Member

From Ziady's remarks, foogetaboutit!

"With the constant movement of schools to different leagues that has taken place lately, Ziady was asked if the success of the women’s basketball team could have a similar affect for Delaware. It should be noted that neither Mason nor VCU plays football. Delaware rejected a move to the Atlantic 10 in the early 1990s because, while it was beneficial for basketball, it wasn’t for other sports.

“We’re very cognizant of the things that are out there and the things that could develop over time,” Ziady said, “but we’re not rushing into something because it pleases someone that there’s activity. Activity doesn’t mean success or it doesn’t mean advancement.”

Two FCS football powers, Georgia Southern and Appalachian State, announced last week they’re planning a move to the FBS Sun Belt Conference.

“When you get back to that equation of what are you “moving up” to, you have to really look at what you’re moving up to,” said Ziady, hired as Delaware AD in November after a long stint at ACC member Boston College. “We’re not [receiving] offers from the ACC or the Big Ten. Everybody’s emailing me about what Georgia Southern and Appalachian State are doing. That’s not moving up. It’s a designation that signifies you’re moving up but you’re not moving up.’’
  2. hburg

hburg Active Member

I wish Delaware would move with JMU in football. I think your AD's remarks are naive at best.
  3. Tubby Raymond

Tubby Raymond New Member

I think our AD's comments are right on the money. UD is an attractive addition to ANY league, division etc at a # of levels. Rushing into a decision with no need would be rash, waiting for suitors is wise. What is the risk that UD is left completely out in the cold? Some but marginal in my view.

UD procactive, never