Alston leaving for College of Central Florida

Discussion in 'Towson Tigers' started by mat1992, Jun 11, 2014.

1. mat1992

mat1992 Moderator

2. Chris Datres

Chris Datres New Member

I used to live right down the street from this school. There ain't much going on there, hence why some liked to call it Slow-cala. Any chance this had to do with academics? Seems like a pretty odd transfer for a Delaware kid to go to the middle of nowhere in Florida and go from Division 1 to Juco.
  3. BradTU

BradTU New Member

Yeah, the destination is definitely strange. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I'm pretty sure he has some "legal" issues.
  4. GoTigers

GoTigers New Member

I liked Alston. Always thought he had a lot of upside.
  5. TigerOf2012

TigerOf2012 Member

I agree, his first year he would always get minutes over TJ.
  6. mat1992

mat1992 Moderator

Pretty disappointing which shows how difficult it is to develop a quality big man. He had all the intangibles in terms of size, length, athleticism and shotblocking instincts. Offensively he just didn't have the hands or instincts. Hopefully he finds himself at the juco level and gets back to another mid-major school.
  7. TUTigers

TUTigers Active Member

yeah, he was arrested for 2nd degree assault a while back. His trial actually starts tomorrow
  8. aresef

aresef Member

I was down in city district court some months back, before the season, for something with my brother. Alston got an October assault nolle prosequi'd ahead of him. But he got back in trouble, according to casesearch—I'm seeing 2nd degree assault and reckless endangerment in northern district of Baltimore City from 2/7. So you'd be right.

Edit: Aaaaactually, it looks like those charges weren't *new.* They were just transferred from city district to city circuit after the first-degree charge was nolle pros'd out.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014