A10/CAA Home Field Advantages

Discussion in 'Football' started by GannonFan, May 2, 2005.

1. bluehenbillk

bluehenbillk Active Member

jski- Can't tell you how it will affect W&M, but UD did see a pretty nice increase in student attendance when we went to night games. If I were still a student I'd look at it like this: I can start tailgating between 3 & 4, go into the game, & then hit a party or a bar at around 10.
  2. Big Green

Big Green New Member

Money has been appropriated (1.2 million) in W&M's state construction budget to remove the very old (and in poor shape) track and build a new one...search is on where to locate it...one study is looking to put it around the field behind the stadium. But nothing is decided at this point.
  3. AbsolutBlueHen

AbsolutBlueHen New Member

W&M should really look into Thursday night openers, that'd certainly help spark an interest in W&M football. Do like Keeler did his first year at UD, and go into dorms, etc. etc and try to generate interest in the program. If it worked for UD, why not W&M?

I think most UD players get intimidated by Ebirt, or whatever that mascot is.
  4. Tribe4SF

Tribe4SF New Member

Yeah, kind of like most kids are scared of clowns.

Ebirt does have a history of getting the best of confrontations with Udee. Last year at your place, the big inflated Udee (a great addition for you guys) came over and started pecking Ebirt on the head. As it headed back to the endzone, Ebirt laid a cross-body block on it and took the whole thing to the ground.

As for generating interest, last year our players filled that role. Lang was the leader in a concerted effort to connect to other students. Based on the spring game, interest remains high.
  5. GannonFan

GannonFan New Member

Ok, now we're getting silly - we're actually debating who got the best of who in a scripted mascot fight on the sidelines? If that's not going off the deep end nothing is. Maybe we should have a fantasy league set up next year on just the mascots - so many points for each type of wrestling move/theme? (*sarcastic*) Besides, I don't think they ever brought out that inflated UDee after its introduction - it was horrific.

On the Zable improvements, the only thing I would be interested in is better sight lines - easily one of the worst stadiums in the conference to see a game in as you have a very difficult time seeing the game. Very pretty scenery though.
  6. Dukester

Dukester Moderator

No offense but I believe Duke Dawg smashed one of Ebirts eggs just after halftime in the Semi final game - which really swayed the momentum of the game.
  7. Two Feathers and a Cross

Two Feathers and a Cross New Member

Dudes, Don't even get us W&M folk talking about the EBIRT situation. No matter how badly you hate that thing, we hate it MUCH MORE. It is actually a very sore subject among the student body. The NCAA is actually looking into our "offensive" name of the Tribe, so along with the name change (if there is one) would come the much awaited massacre of EBIRT. Even if we get to keep the name Tribe, we are hoping for some sort "tragedy" to occur which would knock off the big green blob.
  8. Derb

Derb New Member

But if you guys kill EBIRT then who will Gunther hang out with at the CAA tourny in Richmond every march?
  9. WM Beancounter

WM Beancounter Moderator

Ebirt is usually long gone before Gunther even makes his first appearance.
  10. FanOfCAABball

FanOfCAABball Member

From many many moons ago. 2005, in fact.

Is this what prompted ODU's T-Mac to come up with his infamous "home field disadvantage" theory?