#6 seed Delaware women vs #11 seed WVU on ESPN 2 Sunday at 12:15 PM

Discussion in 'Delaware Blue Hens' started by Jeremybozz, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Jeremybozz

Jeremybozz Member

I say 63-59 Hens.
  2. pksundevil

pksundevil New Member

West Virginia comes in having lost 3 in a row, not all to good teams. They are not a good road team, either. 68-53 Hens. UNC is beatable also, and not having UConn in the 3rd round is nice.
  3. Scott

Scott New Member

Agreed about UNC...they are a #3 based on reputation.
  4. dovetail

dovetail New Member

Just looking at the rebounding stats on the season, they get a heck of a lot more offensive rebounds than the opposition. EDD and Parker are going to have to offset that.. Other than that, they don't look to be a great shooting team
  5. pksundevil

pksundevil New Member

WVU's results are kind of mystifying. I know Tresolini has a nice piece this morning about their road success, but the honest truth is they have a couple of nice road wins and some real road clunkers. They only played 10 road games and went 6-4, including a recent 13-point loss to a Texas team that is not outstanding. They beat a pretty poor TCU team by 8 and 10 in their two matchups. On the other hand, they do have that great win at Iowa State where they forced 6 turnovers in the final 2 minutes to come back and win. They are generally above average in producing steals.

WVU is a young team- only one senior with a lot of playing time if I'm reading it right- their 6'3" center, Dunning. They are foul prone- they rank #340 out of #343 teams and average 20 per game. That good really work in our favor if we feed the ball into EDD and get her to the line.
  6. Henny

Henny New Member

The obvious key to this game is to get the ball to Elena early and often. They defend the 3 well too so I can also see a number of mid range shots from Danielle.