2014 football start times.

Discussion in 'William & Mary Tribe' started by Tribe14SF, May 21, 2014.

1. TribeNomad

TribeNomad New Member

Sadly, this may be the voice of reason. I thought Brown, though "raw", looked decent. He could run a bit and wasn't forcing the ball. I hope Ortiz or Mosley can play next year. Ortiz to me is a long shot, did not play all year, and then under the knife again.
  2. Rocco

Rocco Active Member

Do you serve the magical Kool-Aid at this tailgate that makes one unable to say anything negative at all about W&M athletics, or are there special re-education classes to make that happen?
  3. LeadBolt

LeadBolt Member

It seems to me that almost every poster on here has said something negative about W&M athletics, its facilities, coaches or administrators at one point or another, but almost all posters are generally positive about W&M. That is why we chose to be fans. Would you care to join us?
  4. Paul B in the Burg

Paul B in the Burg New Member

You obviously are not elite enough to tailgate in the QB club lot, I think 3 mos at the WM AD interment camp will fix you right up.
  5. Paul B in the Burg

Sadly if I have to define it to you, it is likely you do not qualify.

However just to show we are not snobs, you are free to stand on the grassy hill by the alumni house and watch.
  6. Rocco

Rocco Active Member

If I weren't a fan, I wouldn't follow W&M's teams.
  7. HyperDuke

HyperDuke Active Member

I drank a couple in the QB lot last October. I am elite.
  8. trbefn

trbefn New Member

Hyper, The QB Club had done an extensive back ground check on you long before you set foot on the lot. We may resemble a bunch of upper middle aged Tribe Fans but just be careful is all I am allowed to say.

The QB situation is in the hands of the coaches, IMHO. To me it is time to pick someone coach this player up and get him ready to play. I know, harder than it sounds but have one guy take the majority of the snaps in practice and mold the offense around his skills and mesh it into a team. Adjust the schemes to the talent on hand, heck maybe unfold a new wrinkle or two, that would suprise the poop out of the rest of The CAA
  9. HyperDuke

HyperDuke Active Member

Just glad no one made a big deal about those felonies. I mean, they were from 10 years ago...
  10. -Tribal-

-Tribal- Active Member

Cluley, Mosley, and Brown all have at least 3 years of eligibility. Brown showed potential during the spring game. Maybe Brumbaugh will step up but we're almost certainly going to need all 3 of the younger guys to be ready to go on Saturdays as we can't seem to keep anyone healthy.

I really think we're going to take a step forward this season and win at least 8 games. My bet is a more experienced player starts at VT and one of the underclassmen finishes the job later in the year.

Big Tribe, please avoid posting alleged academic issues...you can't be sure you're correct and, if you are, our players deserve privacy. Thank you.
  11. Big Tribe

Big Tribe New Member

I apologize...I never do it (academic problems, etc.) and have no idea why I included it. A brain shutdown for sure.
  12. LeadBolt

LeadBolt Member

...unless you were a stalker obsessed with negativity...
  13. WMTribe90

WMTribe90 New Member

I picture Rocco as the Tribe fan equivalent of a Jewish mother.

"..and I mean the uniforms, with the green and the gold, what kind of uniform is that for a football team...and don't even get me started on the warm-up music...I've heard better music in an elevator. I only criticize cause I'm a fan. You're lucky to have me, someday I won't be on this earth anymore and then who will cheer for you. Will you even miss me when I'm gone? Why couldn't you be a big successful team like your friend ODU, now that's a team"

Rocco's happiest moments as a fan seem to be when everything is going wrong and he can complain about it. I assume he finds joy in being a tribe fan, but its rarely reflected on these pages. Too each their own I guess.

PS - I should add I think Rocco has some good insights from time to time and this is meant in good humor. One Tribe!
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  14. Paul B in the Burg

If we started getting nit picky about felonies that lot would be empty, besides only the most elite have felonies on their rap sheet. (Please note I did not say Felony...it takes more than one)
  15. HyperDuke

HyperDuke Active Member

I would like to apologize in advance for not attending this year's game. Had big plans to try to bring the teepee to Harrisonburg, but it was not to be...
  16. trbefn

trbefn New Member

A good idea but who does The Tribe have with a whole lot of experience ? Ortiz has started 5 games as previously postedand maybe played in A two others but no one knows if he will be ready to play . Cluley has just a few snaps in a couple of games. The other candidates have zero experience.
  17. -Tribal-

-Tribal- Active Member

You nailed it...notice I said the more experienced vice experienced...if healthy, I think Ortiz gets the nod. How long has it been since a combined 6 QBs started a whole 5 games? To be fair, we are young at that position.
  18. HyperDuke

HyperDuke Active Member

Moseley in the mix you think?
  19. Rocco

Rocco Active Member

This assumption is less accurate than anything Big Tribe has ever posted here.
  20. Tribe14SF

Tribe14SF Active Member

Probably. Problem is he's had a total of about five practices since arriving.
  21. wmmii

wmmii New Member

He seems to have the most potential and creates excitement-
  22. mw8632

mw8632 New Member

The Jewish Mother post is probably in the top ten of this board all time. Just saying...

Knowing none of you, I apologize if I hit a nerve, but I laughed out loud.
  23. Rocco

Rocco Active Member

Stop being so gosh darn negative. Just means he has more room to grow.
  24. trbefn

trbefn New Member

Excellent post Rocco, good come back !
  25. LeadBolt

LeadBolt Member

You tell him, Rocco!