2014 Bracketology

Discussion in 'College of Charleston Cougars' started by GACoug, Apr 18, 2013.

1. GACoug

GACoug Member

2. masonhoopsfan

masonhoopsfan Active Member

It worked for Charleston's first year in the SoCon. I think it even worked for the first year in the TAAC.
  3. GACoug

GACoug Member

They actuallly got an at-large bid before they could compete in the TAAC tourney, but they did win the first year that they could compete in the TAAC tourney (and every year until they left). They won the first year of the SoCon and made six other finals.
  4. DrexPhanatic

DrexPhanatic Active Member

Looking forward to the futility should Charleston and Drexel meet up in the CAA Tourney.
  5. trojcofc

trojcofc Member

If Drexel and CofC met in a final they would probably tie
  6. Dragon for life

Dragon for life Active Member

I agree that could be a likely match up. I still think there may be a freshmen learning curve to the CAA. If Drexel stays healthy we have arguably the best back court in the CAA. Frantz , Lee and Fouch/Tavon Allen . What is your opinion on your inside game? As Drexel's Inside may be questionable at this time.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  7. trojcofc

trojcofc Member

I don't really buy the "learning curve argument".
    That cuts both ways. Also it is not as if the CAA is some sort of huge step up from the SOCON. So I dont think the level of play will shock CofC. In fact over the years we typically played better out of conference than against SOCON foes.

FWIW CofC played three CAA teams last year beating two handily and losing by 1 on a last second tip in to GMU in the CBI.

Barring any further transfers(Junior Trent Weidman is a big loss), CofC brings a stacked team to the CAA. We have exceptional size for a mid major squad.

Rising Junior C Adjehi Baru is developing rapidly under the coaching staff and will be a dominant defensive force in the paint.
    7 foot transfer from Tulsa will take Wiedman's spot

Outside of the 0-3 faceplat against an excellent senior loaded Davidson team the Cougs found their rhythm in the back half of the season under new coach Wojcik. With another year under his belt that should only improve.

I am not predicting a CAA victory but had we stayed in the SOCON we would have been the unquestioned favorites.
  8. swampcougar1

swampcougar1 Member

CAA plays a very physical brand of basketball. I watched a lot of CAA games last seasons and the refs usually let them play. We beat towson at the beginning of the season and 2 of there better players did not play. Cougars better learn to play very physical and find some consistent outside shooting are they not do as well as some expect. The consistent outside shooting is my biggest concern
  9. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull New Member

I'm betting Towson may just be the team to beat next year, just in time for the tourney's inauguration in Baltimore. To follow will be multiple threads from Drexel fans on the unfair location of the tournament.
  10. swampcougar1

swampcougar1 Member

I would put Towson as my preseason favorite with what they have coming back. That is subject to change after the OOC games in NOV and DEC. My Cougars defense and rebounding will make most games winnable but if their outside shooting does not improve they will lose some games just like the last severel years they should not lose
    Last edited: May 26, 2013