16,000 Additional Seat, $20 million expansion of Bob Ford Field in discussion

Discussion in 'Football' started by Dane96, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Dane96

Dane96 New Member

Highlights:

1. School deciding whether to wait or move forward ASAP. Should be decided in next few months;
    2. Public / Private partnership;
    3. Expansion to 24,000 total seats;
    4. Locker room facility and other amenities (TBD) added;
    5. Sounds like the design is close to being completed;
    6. Support from A.D. and the President of the University;
    7. Previous $12 million request in this year's capital budget for planning of an indoor facility (All Sport, including football and track) and expansion of stadium; and
    8. Reference to another "tier" on the home side. I actually think that will be a tier that is VIP boxes and a few rows of "lounge" seats.

Probably moving forward quickly to be ready for whatever changes COULD occur at the TOP OF FCS/NON Big 5 conference FBS teams.

http://www.timesunion.com/default/a...on-glory-at-UAlbany-5175422.php#photo-5776777
  2. trbefn

trbefn New Member

Good for them looking ahead and making a strong commitment to being very competitive in The CAA and on the FCS level.
  3. nj alum

nj alum New Member

While I recognize that "money" is not "money", if Albany has the money to do this, Albany has the money to join the CAA all sports...and this publicized discussion leads me to believe that that is going to happen in the next couple of months.
  4. Dane96

Dane96 New Member

Apparently, the Great Danes have a standing offer to join for all sports. It expires July 1, 2014. We shall see...